Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many moms have smoked a joint with their teens?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

I smoked mariuana when I was younger but hadn't smoked in 15 years until my 16 yr old said she wanted to get high with me.  We did and it was so much fun.  She knows its not going to be a regular thing but I don't see a problem getting high with her occasionally.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:22 AM

No, I never help my children break the law. I'm here to teach them the right way, not teach them to cheat. 

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:22 AM
I'm not sure I was in my teens yet lol. I think I was ten? Pot was the least of my worries in high school....
ETA I misread the question. My kids act like their daddy and have yet to show any interest in partying at all. I would never do it with them but I wouldn't freak out on them if they did smoke.
jjames1990
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:26 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids begged me to let them get me high. I had never, ever done it. And still haven't. I just fear not being in control and I wouldn't even know how to inhale. LoL

My children got high with my knowledge, not my permission. I never wanted them to sneak behind my back about anything. They smoked from ages 14 to maybe 18. My oldest, 23 still gets high sometimes, usually around finals when she is stressed. She is almost finished her masters in social work.

My youngest stopped at 18 saying she felt like it was making her stupid.
TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I never smoked weed....not as a teen, and certainly not as an adult.  And there is no way I would ever smoke it with my kids -- and I would strangle them if they ever smoked it!

GarysWife1991
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:27 AM

I did with my aunt at 15 - 16 and if it's just once in a while I wouldn't have an issue with it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:29 AM

God, no.  Never!

want10more
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:29 AM

batshit nuts. nor would i have an orgy w/ my daughter, nor rob a bank, etc etc. you're supposed to be the role model. if you don't take the high road, how in the hell will she ever look up to you? you're now on her level, which means, you've lost all parental control.

want10more
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:30 AM

THANK YOU! someone on my page finally!!!!!!!!!! if you don't teach your kids the right way, how will they ever/ why should they ever, look up to you as a role model? and certainly you can't parent after coming down to their level and breaking the law!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I never help my children break the law. I'm here to teach them the right way, not teach them to cheat. 

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:43 AM
1 mom liked this
No. I have never smoked pot, never will, and will certainly never condone my children doing it, especially not in my home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, you can't expect a child to respect any law, if you teach them that some laws are ok to break. When they reach adulthood and decide for themselves if they want to break a law that's entirely on them, but you won't find my child standing in a courtroom telling a judge " well it all started when I was 16 and my mom used to smoke dope with me" 

Quoting want10more:

THANK YOU! someone on my page finally!!!!!!!!!! if you don't teach your kids the right way, how will they ever/ why should they ever, look up to you as a role model? and certainly you can't parent after coming down to their level and breaking the law!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN