Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

And they wonder why i pick crappy men!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

I grew up the baby. my brother is 4 years older then me and all my life i have felt pushed to the side. We both had problems growing up, he has ADHD and i had multiple learning disibilitys, speech imparments and also i was in and out of ocupational therepy in elementry and some of middle school. My brother was my biggest tormenter he would make fun of the way i talked or the way i ran. Yes i know he is my brother but it was like he meant it at times. When we got older we barly ever talked but once we fought it wasnt him pulling my hair or pushing me. It was full blown fist fights. I remember I was 12 and he woke me up for school i think i said "Fuck off" because it was early and i was cranky. the next thing i know he smacked me so hard across the face i had a bloody nose. then after i got up and was ready to go to school. He was still angry and triped me and i ended up getting a black eye because my face hit my door frame. My mom just yelled at him, nothing else. I always seemed like the punching bag for him with mental, verbal and physical abuse. My father also i have no relationship with him today and i cant stand to be around him. My father didnt beat me but i got smacked across the face and also a metel spoon to my ass. (I know I am rambling) My mom and brother though always are on my case "Why cant you find a good guy with no criminal or messed up past" How am i supposed to answer that when i was literly abused by the two men that where supposed to be my protectors. I know i wasnt beaten or abusd on a daily basis or it just happend but still i believe i was abused growing up and up until today. Not even six months ago i got down my brothers back for something about my daughter the next thing i knew he fucking smacked me in the face and my mom is standing there "You deserved it." I cant talk to him. I have no relationship with him and i am an embarressement to him and my father. I am quiet and shy and come off as stuck up or have a bitchy attitude cause i pick and choose the people i talk to. He smokes pot and goes to festivals every weekend in the summer getting messed up on mollie and whateverelse that is out there and i am the one getting attacked or shunned. My whole family looks at me like an outcast and I sometimes wish i wasnt apart of my family.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Why does who you pick tone in a relationship with have anything to do with past relationships?  My Father was a selfish alcoholic and that just showed me the kind of person I want edit avoid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:35 AM
2 moms liked this
And this is why I have zero problem cutting family out of my life. Just because you are related doesn't mean you have to acknowledge them. Shitty people are shitty people and I dont allow them in my life family or not. Maybe you should step back for a while and think about why you even go around them.
JC2223
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:40 AM

We all have things in our childhood that weren't so great and did some emotional damage to us, but to continue on in adulthood making poor choices and blaming others for them is unacceptable. You are in control of your choices,  who you choose to interact with, how you allow them to treat you and how you allow them to effect you...these are your choices. If your past is still so painful, seek counseling to help you. But you can't blame others for your poor choices.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Growing up i was almost blinded by what actually was happening at times.  I grew up in a family where my mom and dad never fought. my dad had a beer when he came home, dinner was on the table at 5 every day and we lived in a upper middle class subdivision where nobody talked about what was going on in the household. From a young age i was tought to hide my feelings and to be spoke when spoken to and not complain. Punishment was handled when the dad came home and you just learned to live that type of life style. I wasnt a bad kid but i did get smacked 10 times with a metel spoon if i did something that was out of line. My brother on the other hand was just an asshole and was always in and out of trouble. I almost felt like i dissapeared once my brother acted out, like all their attention was on his bad doings and my good doings just didnt matter anymore.  It wasnt until about 4 years ago i finally realized what I went through and why i date men similar without even realizing it for the longest time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does who you pick tone in a relationship with have anything to do with past relationships?  My Father was a selfish alcoholic and that just showed me the kind of person I want edit avoid.

Wicked.Jester
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

That is a whole long long long list of self-pityng garbage.

You are an ADULT, your choices are YOUR OWN. 

You want to talk about bad childhoods sweetheart?  Pull up a chair, I will make you wish you'd never asked.  None of it is an excuse for anything I do today.

YOUR choices are YOUR OWN.  Grow up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Ohfuckin put on ur big girl panties and suck it up .thats the past forget about it its ur own fault you pick fucked up men. There are lots of people who get raped by there dad for most of there life and dont date fuckups.you make that choice .why do you bring bad men around ur dd ?
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:44 AM
This.

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

You want to talk about bad childhoods sweetheart?  Pull up a chair, I will make you wish you'd never asked.  None of it is an excuse for anything I do today.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Every man i date i dont find out they are scum until after about 5 months then their true colors appear. I then dump them when they start to change. I am not dating ex cons or anything like that. What i meant with criminal past was petty crap from highschool. Getting charged with a little bit of weed or underage drinking. My problem is they are the perfect boyfriend and that midway point hits and it's like a diffrent person.  My brohter is a controling asshole though and I have literly broke up with a guy because he threatend to break his skull in because he knew who he was and didnt like him.

Quoting JC2223:

We all have things in our childhood that weren't so great and did some emotional damage to us, but to continue on in adulthood making poor choices and blaming others for them is unacceptable. You are in control of your choices,  who you choose to interact with, how you allow them to treat you and how you allow them to effect you...these are your choices. If your past is still so painful, seek counseling to help you. But you can't blame others for your poor choices.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Distance yourself from your family and get some therapy. Sometimes abused children are drawn to abusive relationships as adult. Now that you recognize that, do something about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:48 AM

This a 1000 times over!  It's time to be an adult op.  Quit blaming your childhood on your bad decisions!

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN