Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My friend doesn't have a chance.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies

How do I tell her? She singed up for POF and match. I just don't think she has a chance to meet a nice good looking guy. 

Now my friend is a wonderful great person. BUT lets get real when a guy looks at a profile he is looking for looks. My friend is pretty its just that she has a short haircut, she is over weight, and she she doesn't wear make up. 

On both the sites I signed up as a male in her range and I saw the other women. I just don't think she will get a good guy.

How do I tell her to let her hair grow,lose weight, and wear make up w/o making her feel bad. 

I think she could make a guy really happy. I believe she it a catch BUT no guy will look past those things.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Who wants a guy that shallow?  You're saying she won't get a good guy based solely on her looks.  A guy that's only looking at the outside isn't a, "good guy".

deenakate
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:25 AM

That's a really shallow way of thinking on your part. There is someone for everyone

lizzy_ellie
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't say anything... I was on POF, and I'm not very attractive and I still got a bunch of messages. A lot of the guys on there are desperate so you never know. Plus I think their are more men then women. Saying something to her will just hurt her feelings, I'm sure she realizes what she looks like. And yeah some guys will look past those things, it turned out my ex liked to fuck fat ugly women he met online so maybe he'll talk to her lol

pixiesmom2
1 mom liked this

Ouch!  That's kinda shitty really.  What do you say when you are trying to NOT help?! lol

JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I think she needs a new friend. I also met my husband online.
kjfamily
If she is average looking then average looking men will like her. We all have different levels of men we can get . It is what it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wicked.Jester
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM

So because my hair is short I can only date ugly men?

Been married to an amazing man for seven years, short hair and all.

annasew
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

You aren't trying to get her a "good guy".  Your trying to get her some shallow asshole that only cares about her looks.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I just just men will look right past her. She isn't one to start the convo. 

Quoting deenakate:

That's a really shallow way of thinking on your part. There is someone for everyone

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Thats the hair cut mt friend has just a tad shorter. 

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

So because my hair is short I can only date ugly men?

Been married to an amazing man for seven years, short hair and all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)