Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A cashiers vent ..and thanks, all in one :)

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM
  • 60 Replies
2 moms liked this

Ladies...

Im going to start with my thanks first, thank you to all the nice and understanding customers..the ones with the patience , the ones who come up to the cash with a smile upon their faces..the ones who help you find the smokes they are looking for because they realize you are new...

Now..to the customers who do not realize this , let me give you a tip...if you stand at the interac machine, and hold your card facing you and give us a look like we are supposed to know what card it is...we the cashier's can NOT see what card you are holding, you have to tell us that it is debit, mastercard or visa..we are not mind readers! lol.

If we ask you for ID when you ask for a pack of smokes , please do not get offended..we are only doing our jobs! Take it as a flattering compliment...we wouldn't be asking , if we were NOT sure that you are 19 and over...it means you look young for your age..you should be proud!

On another note...if you are in a rush , and have a lot of items..you don't have too, however it will help speed up the process if you place the items in categories..cold food together, dry food together, clothes together and all other items..in the same pile. But like i said , you don't have too..it's just a helpful little tip :)

We as cashiers are told to pack your bags a certain way , as to not damage any of your items..

Just to add..i love my job , i love helping customers ..and i love the interaction with the people on an every day basis ..i am a happy cashier..my little vent is more like a helpful tip..it does not by any means put me in a bad mood lol.

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Good tips for customers. I've been a cashier for a long time, and I love my job, also, and am very good at what I do. I agree completely on the ID'ing. That is our COMPANY'S policy, that we have to ID EVERYONE! And, I'm not about to go to jail, and lose my job because one customer wants to get butthurt over my asking. Also, one more PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I don't care if you want to keep your money in your bra, but take it out before you get to the register, so I don't have to watch you dig in there to get it, and have to think about where it's been while trying to be polite, all the while wishing you'd walk on, so I can get to the hand sanitzer as quick as possible! That is beyond GROSS!

Two_Hearts
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Good tips for customers. I've been a cashier for a long time, and I love my job, also, and am very good at what I do. I agree completely on the ID'ing. That is our COMPANY'S policy, that we have to ID EVERYONE! And, I'm not about to go to jail, and lose my job because one customer wants to get butthurt over my asking. Also, one more PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I don't care if you want to keep your money in your bra, but take it out before you get to the register, so I don't have to watch you dig in there to get it, and have to think about where it's been while trying to be polite, all the while wishing you'd walk on, so I can get to the hand sanitzer as quick as possible! That is beyond GROSS!

eeww , i will agree with you on the money in the bra thing..please please take it out before you come up to the cash!! LOL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Don't tell me that you're going to wash the clothes first and then return them if the kids don't like them.

We can not take back washed clothing. Yes, we can tell.

Don't call me a bitch when I tell you that we can't do that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I'm just a fast food cashier, but can I add a couple of things? I just got off work and it's on my mind.

1.) When you come up to the register, even if you don't know what you want, please have your payment method ready. When you take forever to "ummmm" and "uhhhh" through the order and then to dig out your wallet, then dig out every single piece of change from your purse, you're going to get me written up for not being fast enough with my service. I don't mind if you take a while, I completely understand - it's my boss that has a problem with it.

2.) If you've just ordered, please move to the side. If you stand in front of my register, I really can't make your order appear faster, and I can't help the next person. It does nothing for you.

3.) If you've only ordered two minutes ago, please don't stop me to ask me, "Is that my order behind you?" Regardless if it is or not (even if it's just one sandwich, someone else may have ordered it before you), I cannot nust skip the ten people ahead of you to hand out your order. We hand out food in the order it was rang up, unless we are waiting for fresh food (i.e., hash browns). It's not fair to other people waiting otherwise.

4.) Please state you have coupons before you order, either at the speaker outside or the counter inside. If you don't, I have to delete the whole order and re-ring it up a certain wat, which may require me stopping to get a manager to get an override code. I don't mind if you don't, but please don't start getting pissy with me at the delay.

Oh god I could keep going, but I'll stop now.
KGreen75
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM
6 moms liked this

Dear Cashier,

When you hand me my change back, please put the coins in my had FIRST, then the bills on top.  Do NOT place the bills in my hand and then set the coins on top and watch as the coins slide and drop every where.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM
4 moms liked this

I hated it when people wouldn't get off their phones. No, asshole, I can't tell that you're not talking to me because I'm not looking for your douchy earpiece.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM
You have to be 19 to buy smokes?
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I was a cashier for a few years, so DH and I always put our groceries in order, and we usually bag ourselves. We always say "credit" even when not asked.

We dont buy cigarettes but I am sure we wouldn't be rude or idiots about it.

My tip back at ya, when scheduling a doctors appointment, please remember, all of our patients aresick, and the doctor does not work 24/7. You may have to leave work early, or take off a day to take care of YOUR medical issue.
mfk3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM
3 moms liked this
I always put my food in categorry it helps when I get home and place them in the cabinets faster :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I always put my food up the way I want it packed :) I'm OCD a little over it. Boxes with boxes cans with cans and cold stuff, then my chemicals and of course my bread and eggs last.
I hate seeing the belt with piles of crap all willy nilly, it makes me want to fix it. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured