Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When did you have your first child? Was it the right time for you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 181 Replies

If you could do it again, would you have your first child at the same age? Or would you have been older, younger, etc.?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyAmaranth
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I had my first at 31.

I'd have liked to have had my kids earlier but that would have meant not meeting my Love and I'd never change that.

km1970
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I had my first at 29. It was the perfect age for me. I wouldn't change anything.

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:29 PM

24 and it was perfect

Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I had my son at 18. I was not even close to being ready! If I could change it, I wouldn't. I love being a mom and I am good at it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mcelly
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM
29, planned. Perfect timing.
mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I was 19.  It wasn't the right time for me.  I should have lived like an adult a lot longer than I did.  

However, I have been a SAHM since he was born-and for his 3 siblings-and had I gotten the career before the kids I probably wouldn't have stayed home with them...so I guess it's worked out.  Some more cash would be nice tho :)

supercarp
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I was 25, out of college, my husband and I both had good jobs and we were buying a house. It worked out well. I think my kids would say they had a good childhood. I was able to work part time after my second was born.

bmcandmmh
by Michelle on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM
I had my son at 19 and I was just too young. He's 6 now and I'm 26 (almost) and it works out great now I love being a young mom but I was too young. Everything worked out I own my own house and married my baby's father and we are very happy.
MixtlisMomme
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM
I had my dd at 24. I love her to pieces but I should've waited till I was 30 or 32. She is my one and only.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you could do it again, would you have your first child at the same age? Or would you have been older, younger, etc.?

SaraBethKY
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM

DD was born on July 4, about 5 weeks before I turned 29. It really wasn't an "age" thing more of a "husband is in med school and residency thing" that made us want to wait until now. He still has 2 years of residency and then 4 years of a fellowship to go. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN