Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why go to a clothing optional beach and then complain?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

I live in Europe. My family and I are on vacation in Crimea, Southern Ukraine. Took the kids to the beach today. The beach is clearly a clothing optional beach, the various signs say so. So of course, you have naked kids running around, the little nudists that they are, you have women with no bathing suit tops on, some people are completely naked, including a granny and grandpa a couple feet away from my family. Do we care? Nope. Nudity is not a problem here. So insert family, who were shockingly not American because it's usually the Americans who don't do well with all the nudity. They set up their beach things and immediately, the father goes "Why doesn't anyone have on clothes?" Sir, did you miss the sign that says this is a clothing optional beach? Because it's in English too. Then the adults in the family starts complaining about naked kids, topless women, etc. I'm sitting, trying to relax and enjoy and they are like the annoying fly that buzzes away for an instant but then comes back all over again. My family and I wound up moving to a different spot. Old, naked granny and grandpa stayed and just as we were leaving, grandpa was lathering his body with sunscreen right in front of that family. The looks on their face. Priceless.

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Haha.

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Lol at the last part. People like to complain sometimes just to hear themselves talk.

bebcarroll
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Because there are people in this world who expect others to change to suit their needs.  If they are uncomfortable with nudity then everyone else should be. (poorly worded no coffee yet) In reality, they need to expect such things and get over the Victorian standard.

the_dude
by abides on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM

cause they're idiots. i bet it was priceless. people are stupid dumb.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL at the guy saying, "Why doesn't anyone have on clothes?"

That is one oblivious guy!

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM
3 moms liked this

When my husband was in the Navy, he went to one of the topless beaches in Europe. Of course, all the guys were excited to go but they quickly realized that not everyone is a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Apparently he didn't see the sign. Although after noticing so many people without clothes I personally would have assumed.

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Lol, priceless..
My kids would love a beach like that..
Josie_P
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Lmfao! I can't tell you how many saggy balls and saggy tits I've seen. And not only from the old people. Everyone is so comfortable that it's hard to poke fun at them lol.

Quoting Bethsunshine:

When my husband was in the Navy, he went to one of the topless beaches in Europe. Of course, all the guys were excited to go but they quickly realized that not everyone is a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)