Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All these back to school posts and it makes me - 2nd Update because y'all are CRAZY!

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 168 Replies
3 moms liked this
All these posts show up every year. Facebook statuses of friends and family stressed out.

Schools losing children.
Parents having schools give give them problems with enrollment.
School supply/clothes stress.
Getting up super early.
Missing the bus.
Food allergies and school lunches.

It makes me grateful we decided to homeschool. We get up and eat breakfast. Around 10 or 11 we get the kids started with school. Eat lunch around 1-2. Play outside after lunch. We do an hour or so more of school later.

I can't fathom the stress of trying to get 5 of mine ready early in the morning. You ladies who can do this 5 days a week for an entire school year are amazing! I'd be a sleep deprived nervous wreck! LOL! Even having everything out the night before, I have trouble getting my family ready once a week for church.

**snort**

I never thought this would turn into a big debate over what time I woke up vs what time we (the kids) eat breakfast.

**2nd Edit**

My kids eat breakfast between 10 and 11. I get up out if bed at 8 am. My baby wakes up at 7:15, so I nurse her until 8. We all get up, then I get started on breakfast. They don't eat the exact moment we get up. I have 8 children. It takes me a while to cook a meal for 7 children, while keeping baby happy.

I know. I worded my OP badly. I'm mobile. My screen is this >< big. I didn't feel like typing every minuscule detail out. It wasn't about my schedule, as much as just saying that mothers who can get their kids up and out by 7 am every single day amaze me.
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustBreath2013
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Well I love my kids schools so far...and we move a lot via military. I have never had a lost kid or an allergy issue. I am up by 6 am anyway, I love buying new clothes and supplies, never had them miss the bus, no enrollment issues, great pta's, etc. I think a lot of the complaining is simply from people who have the need to complain. Jmho
VannaMae307
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

mine is starting pre-k this year, I didn't even know he could but it turns out they have it for certain circumstances, military dependent being one of them. I am super excited and so is he! I can't wait to see how much he grows and thrives in the next year. 

I only have 1 though, but either way, to each their own...I am personally excited for him. 

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I hear ya :)

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:05 PM
The school in our town is so little. I'm sure there is no possible way they could 'lose' them, as its about 1/2 mile from our house. LOL!

If you are going to be somewhere, it's good that the school is going to be one your kids enjoy. :)

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Well I love my kids schools so far...and we move a lot via military. I have never had a lost kid or an allergy issue. I am up by 6 am anyway, I love buying new clothes and supplies, never had them miss the bus, no enrollment issues, great pta's, etc. I think a lot of the complaining is simply from people who have the need to complain. Jmho
JustBreath2013
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
True. I am sure issues will come with time. Lol but generally, we follow rules, do things on time and instill respect and rule following in our kids to the best of our ability. It really keeps the issues away.

Quoting kcangel63:

The school in our town is so little. I'm sure there is no possible way they could 'lose' them, as its about 1/2 mile from our house. LOL!

If you are going to be somewhere, it's good that the school is going to be one your kids enjoy. :)

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I could never homeschool. I'm dumb as rocks.

stephensmommy06
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM

my sons school redid the pick up and parking over the summer. they failed to tell parents they also changed pick up policy...last year they opened the gates and you could go get your child. not this year, they release the kids to come out the gate. my son was LOST for over an hr before he was located, scared and crying in the boys bathroom because i wasnt in our normal meeting spot. i was so pissed...ugh

mojogirl
by Gunnery Sgt Hartman on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:14 PM
3 moms liked this

so your kids only have school for 3 hours a day?

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a pretty smart cookie, but I couldn't home school. Nor would I want to. It is impossible to know everything that a child needs to learn.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I could never homeschool. I'm dumb as rocks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I value quality of education over convenience. I've found many mothers that HS shouldn't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured