Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do schools have to make things difficult? *edit problem solved

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 208 Replies
2 moms liked this
We just had our aunt make us up a propane bill since my FIL owns the propane company. Voila. Problem solved. He starts at his new school tomorrow!

Our elementary schools are zoned and require proof of residency. We are almost finished building our new house, and it's in a different zone than where we are now. Instead of letting my first grader (who does not deal with big changes or new people well) start in the zone we will be moving to in 3 weeks, they're making him start hereand then switch. Even though by the time we get our first utiluty bill, we will be living there and he will be going here?! So he has to get used to 2 new teachers, and leave the friends he'll make at the first school. Wtf?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

deal with it, its not like you are moving in the middle of the school year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
4 moms liked this

Because you are not there yet. It's not the schools fault you had poor planning.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM

That is a very old rule that people should be used to by now.

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM
2 moms liked this

My thoughts on this are that YOU should have planned better when deciding to build a new house in a different zone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:08 PM
2 moms liked this
It's not the schools fault your child cannot adjust to new surroundings. It's only 3 weeks.
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:08 PM
11 moms liked this

Blah, blah, blah to those saying it's because of your poor planning. Really? Because we all know how well contractors are about being on time...or maybe because her's isn't the only house in the country being built, and it get's done when it can, according to the contractors schedule.

I do agree that it is stupid. Do you have electricity at the other place? Can you turn it on and then bring in a bill? Maybe there is something else that will work? Call the superintendents office. They might be able to help out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM
3 moms liked this
your child isnt a special snowflake, he must follow the rules of the school just like every other student.
Osstie
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Awwww poor snowflake:(
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM
8 moms liked this

Does it make you feel good about yourself when you call children names?

Quoting Osstie:

Awwww poor snowflake:(

Mommysmadae
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd let him finish out the year where he's at now. They won't know. Then switch him next year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)