Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Her parents just let her do it!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was at the store last night and I could hear this little girl just screaming to scream. Okay, a little girl is screaming, I'll go get some other stuff I need on the other side of the store. I could hear her all the way on the other side. She kept screaming non stop. Not screaming because she wasn't getting a toy (I feel bad for parents when that happens), not screaming because she wasn't getting along with her big brother, not screaming for any other reason than to hear herself scream. Everywhere I went in that dang store I heard her. I saw her parents and as she was screaming (she was like three or four btw) they just stood there like there was nothing wrong, they weren't trying to talk to her to get her to calm down. The little girl looked like she was having fun. I mean if I thought she had autism or something and she was screaming that would be one thing and I would understand but the way she was doing it, it was for fun, you could tell. I wanted to walk up to her parents and tell them to SHUT HER UP!!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Replies (51-52):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:25 PM

But the difference is you try. There was another little girl trying to scream but her momma was doing everything to keep her quite. I had respect for her because she was trying and I felt bad for her because she was embarrassed. These people could care less. She did it an entire hour and they did nothing to stop it or try to stop it. Don't feel bad if you are trying because will notice when you are trying and that makes all the difference. Plus your little one is only one, at that age it is to be expected. 

Quoting skittlefart:

Awe, this makes me sad :( My little guy is 1 years old and recently picked up screaming at the top of his lungs and will do it mainly in stores because of the echo. We try to quiet him down anyway we can but he still does it...I feel embarrassed by it, cause I can tell others are judging away. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:26 PM

It was just the most random tantrum ever. Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

That means you're a good momma if she saw it and felt bad. That really reflects good things you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

DD had a 30 second tantrum in Target once when she was 5/6ish. 

She wanted something. I said no. She goes, "I WANT IT. I WANT IT. I WANT It!" as loud as she could, while jumping up and down.

I just looked at her oddly, as well as other people. She immedietly apologized. Lol. She was all.."Sorry mama." She embarrassed herself.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can proudly say my son has never thrown a fit like that in a store. Which means I can never have another child! lol 

Quoting cutebaby06:

I can honestly say Marissa has never really done that, I told her ata very, very young age what was excepted of her and it has stuck with her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)