Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't trust my dr office any more! UPDATE,!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

Well I got my positive test on sat the 17th the day my period was due.  I had an appointment at my primary care dr office but in a different section of the building.  So I go into the office of my pop & ask if they can give me a lab slip so I can go get a blood draw to confirm my pregnancy.  The receptionist hands me a slip to fill out & asks me to wait.  She gives the slip to the nurse I keep waiting then her phone rings & from across the waiting room she yells "no they won't give you a slip for a lab draw to test for pregnancy!  Just come back on wend & they will do a urine check!"  There was a woman I work w/ that happened to be in the waiting room!  I can't believe she would just announce my personal business loudly across the room!  I have to go back tomorrow so they can do my 7th urine test since Saturday!  All positive!  If I didn't need the referral to see my Ob I wouldn't go back!  I'm really upset!  I felt my privacy was violated!  Am I wrong?

So today I went to the appointment dispite not wanting to see that receptionist!  I walk in and to my pleasant surprise the rude lady was not there.  I checked in waited two min & got right in.  While the nurse was taking my vitals I calmly explained what happened on Monday.  The nurse had me do a urine test which yes was AGAIN POSITIVE!  Lol so while I was w/ my dr. You will never guess what she did?.... She gave me the freaking lab slip to go over & get my blood drawn to check levels!  At this point I just am happy I'm being treated with respect but shaking my head because I could have peed in a cup & got the blood draw slip two freaking days ago!  When my apt was over the head honcho of the medical facility came to meet with me in private I explained exactly what happened, she apologized up & down.  I am happy just letting her know about her employees breech in patient confidentiality!  In the end I got my lab slip and didn't have to see that aweful receptionist!  I don't wish for anyone to be out of a job but maybe they can switch her job duties or something.  Thanks ladies!  

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pita369
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:58 PM
If she used your name I would say something about hippa next time your in
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Nope I'd definitely complain
mileysmom331
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

no id be pissed the hell off i went to the ER with my first pregnancy for the blood test.

CasandraFinlay
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM
4 moms liked this
She broke HIPPA rules. File a complaint with the office.
Talienas
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM
If you have hmo, you shouldn't need a referral, call your insurance company. Also, report that bitch for violating your privacy!
nolongermstkn
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM
I'd call and complain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:01 PM
5 moms liked this
And that is part of what drives up costs
A pregnancy test is NOT AN EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!

Quoting mileysmom331:

no id be pissed the hell off i went to the ER with my first pregnancy for the blood test.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:01 PM
No, she needs to be reprimanded. HIPPA is enforced to protect your privacy
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I would file a complaint
bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Complete HIPPA violation.  I would be speaking to the office manager, the doctor and filling out a formal complaint.  What she did was a huge NO NO and she could potentially lose her job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)