Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They Are My Children And It is My Decision

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
Okay so a week ago my boys Aunt(on there fathers side) ask to take my boys this weekend. She wants to take them all weekend so they can go with to a family reunion. My first question was if there father would be there( he is not aloud around the boys). I told her I would think about. Well she just emailed me a little while ago and asked for my answer. I told her no, for one it is my nephews bday on Sat and him and the boys are very close. Two she can't tell me that for sure that there father is not going. She then went off on me telling me that I'm keeping the boys from that side of the family and that it is not right that they can't go. She also thinks that their father should take me to court for this BS, that there is no reason he or any of his family should not be able to see the kids. For one I never said she couldn't see the kids, if there dad is going to be there they will not be. His gf is in jail for MURDERING my 22 month old Angel and it is still under investigation. Its just not going to happen and Im not saying ever just that my kids haven't been away from me more then a couple hours since it happened and that was for court.
Should I feel bad? Am I doing the right thing or I just bring a over protective mother?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Think you are doing the right thing! Kids safety first!
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM

wow... i would be protective too nothing wrong with that. I dont really have an answer for ya though

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

tell her to kiss your ass, and inform her that you are under NO obligation to let her see the kids, and if nessisary you will get an order of protection against that side of the family (or at least the ones causing trouble) 

kgsharber
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I would cease all contact with them, How dare they even defend that loser one bit. If the kids want to see him, they can do it when they are 18. ANd you are completely justified in that!

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM

You are doing the right thing. She is being completely unreasonable. She should be showing you and your children a little more kindness and patience.

LadyAmaranth
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I'd have done the same thing.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Nope and I would be far worse than you IF his GF had killed one of my children

((((HUGS)))

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay so a week ago my boys Aunt(on there fathers side) ask to take my boys this weekend. She wants to take them all weekend so they can go with to a family reunion. My first question was if there father would be there( he is not aloud around the boys). I told her I would think about. Well she just emailed me a little while ago and asked for my answer. I told her no, for one it is my nephews bday on Sat and him and the boys are very close. Two she can't tell me that for sure that there father is not going. She then went off on me telling me that I'm keeping the boys from that side of the family and that it is not right that they can't go. She also thinks that their father should take me to court for this BS, that there is no reason he or any of his family should not be able to see the kids. For one I never said she couldn't see the kids, if there dad is going to be there they will not be. His gf is in jail for MURDERING my 22 month old Angel and it is still under investigation. Its just not going to happen and Im not saying ever just that my kids haven't been away from me more then a couple hours since it happened and that was for court.
Should I feel bad? Am I doing the right thing or I just bring a over protective mother?

NorseGodessMom
by ChaosLover on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM

NO, if she cant give you any really answers and is trying to make you feel bad then this is a set up. Take your boys and have a nice weekend I am so sorry about your baby.

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I agree. I would have told her no the second she asked. 

Quoting kgsharber:

I would cease all contact with them, How dare they even defend that loser one bit. If the kids want to see him, they can do it when they are 18. ANd you are completely justified in that!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
scarletmeshell
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I am sorry for your loss. I think you made the right decision especially with her attitude. She was nice to ask and should have understood when you said no. What happened to the gf?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured