Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'll call you tonight! EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

What does it mean when an interviewer says, "I'll call you tonight" ?

My daughter had an interview today and came home to tell me this... I don't really know what he meant.. so maybe you can help? 

He asked my age. I said 17 and he said oh too young for this job. I said oh really? I was told students were welcome to apply. He then said well, some people are mature for their age so we will see. he says, "do you have any kids?" I said no. Then he asked what are your plans for the future? I said, I hope to finish high school here, take a year off and then go to university. He said, well how long do you want to work here because we're looking for someone long term. I said at least 4 years. He said, well I need someone for 2 years. 

Then I said ok well I'm available for the next 2 years and beyond that. He kept saying well take a minute and let me know. So, I took a minute and said the exact same thing.

Then he said ok well I will call you tonight and let you know. I will think about it and call you tonight.

Does this mean she did or didn't get it? 

EDIT:
**** Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to talk to me about the (position) with (Company name). I appreciate your time and consideration in interviewing me for this position.

After speaking with the managers, I believe that I would be a perfect candidate for this position, offering the quick learning and punctuality that is needed for this position.

I am very interested in working for you and look forward to hearing from you once the final decisions are made regarding this position. Please feel free to contact me at any time if further information is needed. My cell phone number is (111) 111-1111.

Thank you again for your time and consideration. 
Sinceraly, (name)****

5 hours after her interview she wants to send this to the manager. Is this ok? ******

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deenakate
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM
No way of knowing until you get the phone call.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM

True, but does it sound bad? She was so excited about this job... I'm really hoping she gets it..

Quoting deenakate:

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM

It probably means he will call to let her know yes or no on the job. 

disneymom2two
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM

It means he will let her know whether she got it or not when he calls her.  He broke the law when he asked if she had children.

deenakate
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:11 PM
If I were the employer and I was looking for someone long term, I might not look at a teen that hasn't started college.

Quoting Anonymous:

True, but does it sound bad? She was so excited about this job... I'm really hoping she gets it..

Quoting deenakate:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Really? Yeah, I thought that sounded weird that he would ask that...

Quoting disneymom2two:

It means he will let her know whether she got it or not when he calls her.  He broke the law when he asked if she had children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM
He's weird.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM

lol ya. She said he was a Pakistan man and she could hardly make out what he was saying, but all in all he was a nice man. (Not trying to be racist AT ALL!)

Quoting Toonkasmommy:

He's weird.

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM
It sounds to me like he's going to think about it today, make a decision and call her and let her know that decision tonight. Good luck to her!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured