Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't stand DD's teacher...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
She isn't friendly or inspiring. She is unorganized and messy! My dd says, "mommy the teacher yells at us all day, I don't like her" when I ask how her day was. I made a post before about how the teacher was dismissive during our parent teacher conference when I tried to tell her about DDs migraines, well the other day DD had a migraine all day and asked the teacher to go to the nurse three times (I gave her meds to the school nurse and told the teacher) and the teacher wouldn't let her go? Today I was dropping off a craft and a child came in late with her dad and the dad asked if she needed to get a note from the office and the teacher replied, no that's ok don't worry about it! After dad left she chewed out the little girl and told her she shouldnt be late and if she is late again she needs to get a pass! Then afterwards she got on to DD because she was looking around for a minute while doing her assignment? WTH? Did is a good student, what's the freaking big deal if she takes a 2 second break? She wasn't talking or being disruptive and she always finishes her work? She just is harsh and always getting on the kids! I don't really know what to say or do! I did email her about refusing to let DD go to the nurse, she said sorry, she forgot. How could she forget, DD asked her three separate times? I'm just so frustrated! She is in first grade and her teacher last year was amazing, this is so frustrating!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:38 PM

it sounds like she needs a 504 plan

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM
What's a 504 plan?

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Special needs

Quoting Anonymous:

What's a 504 plan?

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Special needs for migraines? Last year we had no problem with dd going to the nurse.

Quoting AllofFive19:

Special needs

Quoting Anonymous:

What's a 504 plan?

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Also sounds like you may need to speak with the principal. Have  you talked to the teacher yet???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM
They said 504 plan and I instantly think of area code. Lol
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:49 PM
4 moms liked this

if it is a medical condition that could impact her education, yes

it offers legal rights to you and your DD in terms of educational accomidations, like going to the nurses office when needed

Quoting Anonymous:

Special needs for migraines? Last year we had no problem with dd going to the nurse.

Quoting AllofFive19:

Special needs

Quoting Anonymous:

What's a 504 plan?

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Yes, but this year you are having problems. Like Sassy said, you need to go to the principal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AllofFive19:

Special needs

Quoting Anonymous:

What's a 504 plan?

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I emailed the teacher and said "friendly reminder, please let daughter go to the nurse for meds if her headache persists". I don't know what to say about the her being rude, unfriendly, and a miserable person though. :-(

Quoting Sassy762:

Also sounds like you may need to speak with the principal. Have  you talked to the teacher yet???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)