Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't stand DD's teacher...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
She isn't friendly or inspiring. She is unorganized and messy! My dd says, "mommy the teacher yells at us all day, I don't like her" when I ask how her day was. I made a post before about how the teacher was dismissive during our parent teacher conference when I tried to tell her about DDs migraines, well the other day DD had a migraine all day and asked the teacher to go to the nurse three times (I gave her meds to the school nurse and told the teacher) and the teacher wouldn't let her go? Today I was dropping off a craft and a child came in late with her dad and the dad asked if she needed to get a note from the office and the teacher replied, no that's ok don't worry about it! After dad left she chewed out the little girl and told her she shouldnt be late and if she is late again she needs to get a pass! Then afterwards she got on to DD because she was looking around for a minute while doing her assignment? WTH? Did is a good student, what's the freaking big deal if she takes a 2 second break? She wasn't talking or being disruptive and she always finishes her work? She just is harsh and always getting on the kids! I don't really know what to say or do! I did email her about refusing to let DD go to the nurse, she said sorry, she forgot. How could she forget, DD asked her three separate times? I'm just so frustrated! She is in first grade and her teacher last year was amazing, this is so frustrating!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Ok, I don't give a shit what you want to believe. The truth is the truth...

Quoting Anonymous:

For some reason I'm inclined to not believe you as nobody really agreed w/you in your other post.

If it is such a big deal go to the principal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Then why get so defensive about someone else's opinion?

If you saw her treating a child poorly why didn't you intervene? You just sat there & watched?  Yet you want people to believe all of this?

Glad I know better parents bc they would not have stood by to let that happen & wouldn't continue to let it happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

For some reason I'm inclined to not believe you as nobody really agreed w/you in your other post.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I'm defensive because you essentially called me a liar, which I'm not. Why start drama in my post? Agree with the teacher or agree with me, that's fine. Calling me a liar = not cool... Move along troll.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you saw her treating a child poorly why didn't you intervene? You just sat there & watched?  Yet you want people to believe all of this?

Glad I know better parents bc they would not have stood by to let that happen & wouldn't continue to let it happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

SouthernMamaof1
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I saw it on the first page, and I'm going to second it...she needs a 504 plan

Teaching~"Once you master the art of facing a room full of teenagers, and come out alive, you can do ANYTHING."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Way to add to your post, lol.

If she had of hit the child, cursed the child, I would have immediately intervened. Please tell me how to intervene for bitchiness? I didn't know what to say in front of the children that would have been appropriate... I did intervene about refusing to send dd to the nurse. I emailed the teacher, next time I will be in the principle's office! (If I don't go before).

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I would tell dd I leave and go to the nurses office next time. If the teacher is that hateful jut get up n go. This is why my dd takes her cell to school so if she has problems she can text. One teacher tried to not let her go use the bathroom when she was little because thy were taking a test. Didn't go good for that teacher
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:15 PM

IF the teacher is behaving this way then I do not agree w/her.

But you are saying you stood there & let her yell at a child in their face & did nothing.  Makes it very hard to believe you.

If you aren't lying then there is nothing to get worked up over. Typically those who are lying & being called out are the one's that get very defensive.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm defensive because you essentially called me a liar, which I'm not. Why start drama in my post? Agree with the teacher or agree with me, that's fine. Calling me a liar = not cool... Move along troll.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Where did i say she "yelled in her face"? I said dd came home and complained the teacher yells at them (though I have not heard her yell), and that I heard her chew a girl out (speak to her harshly but no yelling and not in her face). You are putting words in my mouth.

Quoting Anonymous:

But you are saying you stood there & let her yell at a child in their face & did nothing.  Makes it very hard to believe you.

If you aren't lying then there is nothing to get worked up over. Typically those who are lying & being called out are the one's that get very defensive.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Well then if there is no issue then why are you bitching?

You said she CHEWED the child out, why not intervene?  You said she told the father it was fine but then she yelled at the child, why would you not step in & say something to the teacher?  Why are you waiting to go to the princiPAL with the issues going on if they are that bad?

I do have a hard time believing all this is really going on & you are just sitting back doing nothing.  Oh I'm sorry you emailed the teacher. Big deal.  Sadly it doesn't let anyone know the teacher's behavior.

LOL at how to intervene for bitchiness, common sense when it is happening in front of you; you open your mouth.  When you see it happening you go to the pricipal. 

You are making a big deal out of this but doing nothing about it, seems odd to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Way to add to your post, lol.

If she had of hit the child, cursed the child, I would have immediately intervened. Please tell me how to intervene for bitchiness? I didn't know what to say in front of the children that would have been appropriate... I did intervene about refusing to send dd to the nurse. I emailed the teacher, next time I will be in the principle's office! (If I don't go before).

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Oh I'm sorry "SHE CHEWED HER OUT."  Yeah that makes it so much better. That is much more than speaking to her "harshly."

No I am not putting words into your mouth, you are making this teacher worse than she apparently is.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where did i say she "yelled in her face"? I said dd came home and complained the teacher yells at them (though I have not heard her yell), and that I heard her chew a girl out (speak to her harshly but no yelling and not in her face). You are putting words in my mouth.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN