Our society penalizes the wrong people constantly and no one seems to notice the trend.
1. People making a lifestyle out of PA sit around watching day time TV and have their needs met for them, often while receive money under the table for something. Meanwhile, hard working tax payers are clipping coupons, sacrificing and seeing half their pay checks gone to taxes, insurance (which keeps going up thanks to those who don't pay for their medical care). And people who are financially well off are villainized for making good decisions that paid off. (How dare they work hard and make good decisions?!)
2. People who use proper grammar are made fun of for sounding uppity.
3. People who always look nice are accused of being superficial.
4. People who are extremely organized are accused of being OCD or anal.
5. Parents who put the time and effort into creating structure and consistency for their kids are called "rigid".
6. People with clean, organized, attractive homes are also accused of being "rigid" or not "living" in their homes.
7. People who set high standards are accused of being snobby. Mediocrity and average is acceptable, but nothing above.
This is a trend I've noticed. Just thought I'd point it out.