Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Our society penalizes the wrong people constantly and no one seems to notice the trend.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

1. People making a lifestyle out of PA sit around watching day time TV and have their needs met for them, often while receive money under the table for something. Meanwhile, hard working tax payers are clipping coupons, sacrificing and seeing half their pay checks gone to taxes, insurance (which keeps going up thanks to those who don't pay for their medical care). And people who are financially well off are villainized for making good decisions that paid off. (How dare they work hard and make good decisions?!)

2. People who use proper grammar are made fun of for sounding uppity.

3. People who always look nice are accused of being superficial.

4. People who are extremely organized are accused of being OCD or anal.

5. Parents who put the time and effort into creating structure and consistency for their kids are called "rigid".

6. People with clean, organized, attractive homes are also accused of being "rigid" or not "living" in their homes.

7. People who set high standards are accused of being snobby. Mediocrity and average is acceptable, but nothing above.

This is a trend I've noticed. Just thought I'd point it out.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Somehow I missed this thread. Is it in MC?

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree and was thinking the same thing. I don't understand why they are questioning the time management or efforts of another mother. 

It's as though mother's are content with doing the bare minimum for their children and anyone who dare put an in level of extra effort are vilified or berated. I don't understand how extra effort can bring such negativity. 

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I was honestly thinking the same thing when I saw the "Bento lunches make me roll my eyes" post.  Why are loving Moms who take the time to do something special for/with their child automatically deemed overbearing or stupid?  Do something special for the kids, you're overbearing and need a life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Yes, it's circulating on first page I believe. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree and was thinking the same thing. I don't understand why they are questioning the time management or efforts of another mother. 

It's as though mother's are content with doing the bare minimum for their children and anyone who dare put an in level of extra effort are vilified or berated. I don't understand how extra effort can bring such negativity. 

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I was honestly thinking the same thing when I saw the "Bento lunches make me roll my eyes" post.  Why are loving Moms who take the time to do something special for/with their child automatically deemed overbearing or stupid?  Do something special for the kids, you're overbearing and need a life.

Mommysmadae
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I can It's called jealousy. Instead of them stepping it up it's easier to tear down those that do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:21 PM

My theory is the extra doings of a parent leaves them feeling inadequate,  instead of setting a higher standard for themselves they try to break apart those they feel threatened by. 

Quoting Mommysmadae:

I can It's called jealousy. Instead of them stepping it up it's easier to tear down those that do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Mommysmadae
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Exactly..

Quoting Anonymous:

My theory is the extra doings of a parent leaves them feeling inadequate,  instead of setting a higher standard for themselves they try to break apart those they feel threatened by. 

Quoting Mommysmadae:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:26 PM

They are only called those things by the lower dregs, in an attempt to make them feel better about their miserable existance. If someone every 'insults' you in those way, it would be best to take it as a compliment, and furthermore have their opinions rejected.  They are useless in your life.

You knwo what they say, If someone is not lifting you up, they are just gonna try and drag you down.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Those that take advantage are not that many.......js

Quoting Mommysmadae:

She said those that take advantage not all.
Quoting Anonymous:

we get it, your perfect, not a snob or rigid at all. No problem, you need to understand that not everyone that collects some for of PA is a moocher, lazy, unmotivated or taking advantage,

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:29 PM
I notice that too
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Found it. How dare mothers attempt to brighten their child's day?! What are these nut jobs thinking?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, it's circulating on first page I believe. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:29 PM

1. And people who are poor are called lazy and villanized for getting hand outs, regardless of the truth behind the statement.

2. And people who have poor grammar are called uneducated and stupid.

3. People who don't look nice are called slobs.

4. People who don't mind a little clutter or mess are called lazy, slobs, etc.

5. And people who believe in going with the flow and allowing their child to explore are called weird hippies, careless, and lazy.

6. Refer to number 4. 

7. People who are comfortable with what they have are called mediocre and told that it's unacceptable to not want MORE house, MORE cars, MORE vacations, MORE money. 

There's 2 sides to every coin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)