Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Our society penalizes the wrong people constantly and no one seems to notice the trend.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

1. People making a lifestyle out of PA sit around watching day time TV and have their needs met for them, often while receive money under the table for something. Meanwhile, hard working tax payers are clipping coupons, sacrificing and seeing half their pay checks gone to taxes, insurance (which keeps going up thanks to those who don't pay for their medical care). And people who are financially well off are villainized for making good decisions that paid off. (How dare they work hard and make good decisions?!)

2. People who use proper grammar are made fun of for sounding uppity.

3. People who always look nice are accused of being superficial.

4. People who are extremely organized are accused of being OCD or anal.

5. Parents who put the time and effort into creating structure and consistency for their kids are called "rigid".

6. People with clean, organized, attractive homes are also accused of being "rigid" or not "living" in their homes.

7. People who set high standards are accused of being snobby. Mediocrity and average is acceptable, but nothing above.

This is a trend I've noticed. Just thought I'd point it out.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Didn't you post this last week?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Yeah. I get made fun of for not knowing the latest slang. I have to look things up on in the urban dictionary. I also set high standards. But I figure if I set standards pretty high, then if I do fall short, I'll still be above average : )

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

They are only called those things by the lower dregs, in an attempt to make them feel better about their miserable existance. If someone every 'insults' you in those way, it would be best to take it as a compliment, and furthermore have their opinions rejected.  They are useless in your life.

You knwo what they say, If someone is not lifting you up, they are just gonna try and drag you down.

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Exactly this.

Quoting ninjakids:

I've noticed a trend too...

1.)People who are on pa who struggle everyday to find employment and stress about how they will pay their bills being accused of being lazy.

2.)If a persons house is not spotless and has toys all over they are lazy.

3.)Parents who understand that sometimes you just need to be relaxed and go with the flow will have bad kids.

4.)People who don't feel the need to overly dress up for simple trips to the store are slobs.

just a few things i noticed.

**oh and

5.)ladies who are overweight obviously never work out and diet etc and are really just lazy because they could not lose weight...i mean someone else's body lost weight doing those things they should too.

6.)feeding yours kids even just one happy meal a month will make them obese and have diabetes.

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Yes, there seems to be a certain pride/happiness found in being  mediocre.

Jalestra
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Not usually. I know a mom who does more than I do and I like her a lot. It's the sanctimommies I hate. I'm not jealous, because that's not my thing. I'm ok with not being crafty mom. I will say something about their snotty attitudes though. "Well, some of us just do the best we can" is not nice, it's snotty and condescending.

Quoting Mommysmadae:

I can It's called jealousy. Instead of them stepping it up it's easier to tear down those that do.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree and was thinking the same thing. I don't understand why they are questioning the time management or efforts of another mother. 

It's as though mother's are content with doing the bare minimum for their children and anyone who dare put an in level of extra effort are vilified or berated. I don't understand how extra effort can bring such negativity. 

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I was honestly thinking the same thing when I saw the "Bento lunches make me roll my eyes" post.  Why are loving Moms who take the time to do something special for/with their child automatically deemed overbearing or stupid?  Do something special for the kids, you're overbearing and need a life.

You're justifying your bullying behavior. You are trying to force or intimidate others into behaving in a way you approve of. If you think bullying is justified just because you don't like something, then we might as well stop the whole "no bullying" movement, because that's why people are bullies to start with. To harass, intimidate, and make others feel like inferiors because they aren't like you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:33 PM
You must live around assholes. I've never seen that in real life, just from the fantasy "yummy mummies" on here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I know shame on them for doing more than just slapping two pieces of bread together with meat and cheese. Shame. Shame. 

It seems almost taboo these days to put effort into anything, if you do then you must have too much time on your hands. 

Reality is, some families are just structured and organized. There are approximately 16 waking hours in the average parent's day... It isn't exactly difficult to manage those 16 hours to be able to do do those lunches, or anything else us "effort" parent's do. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Found it. How dare mothers attempt to brighten their child's day?! What are these nut jobs thinking?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, it's circulating on first page I believe. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Somehow I missed this thread. Is it in MC?

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree and was thinking the same thing. I don't understand why they are questioning the time management or efforts of another mother. 

It's as though mother's are content with doing the bare minimum for their children and anyone who dare put an in level of extra effort are vilified or berated. I don't understand how extra effort can bring such negativity. 

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I was honestly thinking the same thing when I saw the "Bento lunches make me roll my eyes" post.  Why are loving Moms who take the time to do something special for/with their child automatically deemed overbearing or stupid?  Do something special for the kids, you're overbearing and need a life.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I think it's kind of silly to go to such lengths on a daily basis, but I also think it's a sweet and fun surprise for a kid to find in his lunch from time to time. 

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Well, I think the Bento boxes are a bit much but that's just me. I "fit the mold" in other areas. lol

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I have noticed a trend too. To many people being judgemental and stereotyping others and they usually get it wrong.

It is funny how your post is about people judging others while still coming off as judgmental. How about being the change you seek to instill in others.
Jalestra
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:48 PM

THIS is why they tear you down. This attitude right here. Your tone in this post said a lot. "Put any effort into anything" is an insult, as if not being x way means that they don't put effort into anything. "Some famlies are just structured and organized" suggests that by not doing it they way you do it they are not structured and organized. "There's approximately 16 hours in the day blah blah blah" is saying that we are mismanaging our time if we say we don't have time for that sort of thing. 

So in this one post you've made a huge challenge to anyone who isn't putting effort into a friggin' sandwich by saying that since others AREN'T doing it they are not managing their time wisely, lack organization, and apparently are lazy. 

Mrs.Kubala's original comment was completely true, honest, and not rude...then the rest of you saw fit to use it as a jumping off point to become sanctimommies. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I know shame on them for doing more than just slapping two pieces of bread together with meat and cheese. Shame. Shame. 

It seems almost taboo these days to put effort into anything, if you do then you must have too much time on your hands. 

Reality is, some families are just structured and organized. There are approximately 16 waking hours in the average parent's day... It isn't exactly difficult to manage those 16 hours to be able to do do those lunches, or anything else us "effort" parent's do. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Found it. How dare mothers attempt to brighten their child's day?! What are these nut jobs thinking?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, it's circulating on first page I believe. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Somehow I missed this thread. Is it in MC?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

You're justifying your bullying behavior. You are trying to force or intimidate others into behaving in a way you approve of. If you think bullying is justified just because you don't like something, then we might as well stop the whole "no bullying" movement, because that's why people are bullies to start with. To harass, intimidate, and make others feel like inferiors because they aren't like you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN