Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Naked breastfeeding yoga mom says photo is not staged. **pic included

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies

Mobile Photo

Two years ago, the image of a mom breastfeeding while practicing yoga naked went viral. Now, the subject of that photo, Amy, has chosen to address some commonly asked questions she's heard since.

In an exclusive interview with BabyCenter, Amy declared once and for all that the photo was not staged, like many thought it was. "The truth is we were living on a small community in Hawaii where our land was clothing optional and yoga was/is a necessity! I was just doin’ my daily flow when the little sweet pea came to sneak a suckle," she wrote in an email.

Amy went on to tell BabyCenter more about her and her family. She says she chose the "simple life" in her early 20s and has been traveling with minimal commitments ever since. She still lives in Hawaii with daughter, Naia, and her partner, but the family will soon move to New Zealand for six months. Over on her own blog, Daughter of the Sun, Amy writes that yoga has been a very important part of her lifestyle and her daughter now loves practicing yoga, too.

She also clarifies that her family is not just a bunch of "hippies," a word that Amy finds outdated. "I understand our family is not the stereotypical ideal. We might look different to the mainstream world, but the closeness and love we share is beyond ideal," she wrote.

-- full photo will be below.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Mobile Photo

Any of you ladies her do anything like this?'

I couldn't. and if I did. I wouldn't be brave enough to post a photo online.

Just saw this and thought id share.
jakesmom323
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Hummmm kinda cool but Different.. which makes it disgusting...lol.jj. who cares and if she says that not staged than Im Sending my MIL a picture of me in my church best feeding my Children vegetables while cooking a roast....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM
I've never good at yoga. I don't think I'd be capable if breastfeeding while attempting it lol

Quoting jakesmom323:

Hummmm kinda cool but Different.. which makes it disgusting...lol.jj. who cares and if she says that not staged than Im Sending my MIL a picture of me in my church best feeding my Children vegetables while cooking a roast....

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:42 PM
This is disgusting.
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Even if it was staged why would anybody care?!
happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:44 PM
2 moms liked this

What??  BF-ing is not "natural" if it's done upside-down??? lol

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Lovely. :)

turtlesquish23
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:45 PM
That's so sweet
pamelax3
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:45 PM

i think this is adorable.. what a cute baby

brittney28
by Brittney on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:45 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm all for breastfeeding but wtf?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)