Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mandatory DNA testing at birth?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:07 PM
  • 182 Replies
3 moms liked this

So the hubby watched Dr. Phil today because it was about men being tricked into being fathers by a cheating woman putting their name on the birth certificate and lying about cheating....the men were them roped into paying child support for kids that are not theirs.  Made me think, why don't they DNA test all babies before the birth certificate is signed?  This way, it's all proven and fair. I have heard some states want to do this for only unmarried women but to keep it fair everyone gets tested. Have it built in to the cost of delivery?  

Mine had no concerns for either of ours, nor should he, but going by the example on here alone many men should be!

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomTo3NMW
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Pathetic people think this way in our society. Really sad marriage means nothing anymore.

Personally, I think they should get everyone's DNA and fingerprints at birth.

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:10 PM
9 moms liked this
No. I'm not a whore. I don't need DNA testing. If a man signs a BC without test that's his fault.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I think its a good idea. I knew someone who was told he was the father of a child, paid a bunch in child support then later told he wasn't the father.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:11 PM

It wouldn't bug me in the least for the testing to be done, but I am a faithful wife so I have nothing to worry about.

Quoting MomTo3NMW:

Pathetic people think this way in our society. Really sad marriage means nothing anymore.

Personally, I think they should get everyone's DNA and fingerprints at birth.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:11 PM
I dont hate the idea

In michigan, if a child is concieved within a marriage via an affair, the husband is automatically assumed to be the husband. If he divorces her over the affair, he is still responsible for CS even if dna proves him not to be the father

How is that for fucked up??
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:11 PM
6 moms liked this

It is intrusive to force a test on my newborn baby and husband and belittle my marriage that way. No thanks.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:11 PM
No. Because not all women are skank ass whores who need to have their kids DNA tested. It would raise the rate of insurance and health care cost. Plus it invades my childs and husbands privacy as well as my marriage.
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I dont think its a bad idea at all. I dont think its saying that you cant trust the mom, I think its just a sure way to know the dad is really the dad. Everyone knows the mom is is the mom because the baby comes out of her.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Not necessary... I think a woman who lies, should be liable.

Also dna isn't 100%, however close it may be.
LOVEZOEY
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:12 PM

in Indiana if you are not married you have to get a DNA test if the man wants any legal rights... if you don't get it done then the mom automatically has full custody and all that type of stuff...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN