Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You got divorced, YOU deal with it.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 187 Replies
3 moms liked this

I teach 4th grade. Today was the back to school orientation and I had  parent come up to me and tell me that she has a court order that says that her ex has to have a copy of everything that comes home from school, including the child's work. She expects ME to make copies of everything! Excuse me but you got divorced, not me so you can deal with your court order. I mean, if she wants an extra copy of the handouts, I can simply ask the front office to send an extra of everything (though why she can't just make a note of whatever the hand out is about and then pass it on is beyond me) but I am not going to go make copies of every single piece of work her kid does. Number one, it's not fair to me to take up that much extra time and number two, with all the budget cuts, it's really not fair to monopolize that much of our school's resources on something that is complete not scholastically necessary. If her ex is entitled to a copy of every piece of work, then she can go make those copies. She also explained to me that they "will be needing separate conferences". I asked if there is some sort of restraining order she said no. I told her that the school requires me to schedule 2 routine conferences a year, for those they can either come together or one go to one, the other go to the other. If there is a problem, I may consider doing separate ones but if there is no problem, there is no need to take up double my time.

I love teaching but sometimes I hate the parents.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM

BUMP!

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:38 PM
5 moms liked this

That's ridiculous  have fun with all that 

mommy053008
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Yea she should make the copies.
Luv_my_hubby
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Wow that sounds like a fun parent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:40 PM
What a demanding ahole. Hell no don't go out if your way for her. She needs to grow up. Errg.. People
our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Yea, I'm with you. Your choices in life don't dictate how others need to react and whatnot. Like you said, she got divorced so now she needs to deal with what they decided. Best of luck with them!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I agree with you that's crazy. They are gonna have to just be adults & do some things together & actually talk to each other about their kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I think you are absolutely right.  The mom should make the copies.  No one with a class full of studens has time for that.  The office should do the hand outs but the rest should be on them.  Parents have little to no idea how much work a classroom teacher does.  Good luck for the new school year.

psychessun
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:41 PM

what a pain in the ass.

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:42 PM

What a high maintenance biotch she is! Yeah, I couldn't do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)