Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Confession: I hate my dds best friends mother

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

Yes I know that I sound like a bitch but at this point and time idgaf. Here is why.

We moved into this apartment in March. My oldest dd 10 instantly became friends with this little girl....we will call her K. Well K lives in a two bedroom unit with her grandmother and her special needs uncle. She is part time here, part time with her father who lives in down the street. So she starts spending her partial time here at my house. She is a really sweet girl, and I never have problems with her. She got to the point to where she was spending night after night at the house, eating dinner here and hardly ever going home. I asked her why she wasn't staying with her grandmother and she said that she doesn't have enough room which is understandable. My dd has a daybed with a trundle, so she has a bed to sleep on here. I, btw, stay in a three bedroom unit. I have 3 kids, my son has one room to himself, and the girls both share a room with daybed/trundles.

Now that you have the backstory here is why  I can't stand her mom. She and K's little brother J came down a couple of weeks ago from Arkansas. They were hear in April for 6 days. I assumed that they were visiting again but K informs me that her mom is here to stay. So she moved in with K's grandmother with the little boy J who is 4 years old. Now, J and K are always at my house and it seems to be convienet to them to leave J with me to play with my son. My son is 7 almost 8 years old and doesn't want to play house with J all the time. He has friends here that he wants to play with and J is a toddler still so it dampers his fun. The worse part is that K will search for my son while he is outside and tell him to play with J. Then she instructs J to stay with my son and play and runs off. I am not a baby sitter and I don't think that it is cool to bring him over make small talk and go about your day. I don't allow my children to go into any other persons house here and when they go out, so I do. I don't want to play mommy to these kids. I didn't mind K being at the house all the time but J is to little to pawn off on people, and I think that is what they are doing.

I just had to send K and J away because I am trying to get my son into the routine of having protein snacks every two hours per doctors orders. That in itself is expensive for my children, much less the extra two that seem to come to my door quite often. UGH! How do I bring it up to K's mom that I don't appreciate J being brought to my house every single day, multiple times a day without seeming like a child hating bitch?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM
2 moms liked this

sorry,its bitch time..either that or prepare to practically adopt them..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell her he is too young to play with your son and you do not have the time to attend to him ALL THE TIME. People like that will take advantage big time.

sadiebug1228
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I would just flat out tell her that ur busy and don't have the money or the food to be supporting her kids all the time. Tell her k is one thing but a 4 yr old is too much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Yup

Quoting quinnsmom715:

sorry,its bitch time..either that or prepare to practically adopt them..

BEXi
by BEXi on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I wouldve lost it!!

ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I'm non confrontational so I would try to let the children know that when snack time comes around they need to go home. As for the little boy coming over...is there any way you can start getting out of the house more? I assume your children are in school during the day (?) so maybe when they get home you could take your children to the library, park, or extracurricular activities.

I would try to give the mom the impression that your two kids and you are too busy for them to be over at your home all the time.

Either that or you will need to say something to the mom. Good luck! It's definitely a strange situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM
"This isn't working out. You don't have boundaries."
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

It's bitch time.....Obviously this woman doesn't give a shit about her kids and is looking for a free babysitter. If you can't come right out and say it keep refusing to watch her kids, each and every time. Say your not having company today...or say your leaving to go to the library....you get the picture. Pretty soon she'll start ditching them with someone else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Send her a bill for your babysitting services.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I just shook a neighbor kid that was a terror and over all the time. All first I told her she could come over on Wednesdays as that was company days. She still came over all the time. Eventually I just started sending her away with some excuse/not answering the door. After a few weeks of that, I have been neighbor kid for months now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)