Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

going to bed hungry

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
3 moms liked this
I know a lot of people will fix something different if their kid don't want to eat what you cook. Not me. My kids have 2 choices to eat what o fix or don't eat. Because of that they always eat, even if they don't like it. Tonight ds told me he didn't want meatloaf.he said he wasn't eating. I said fine that is your choice but remember once i fix plates and sit down, that is if. At that point you have chose to go to bed without dinner.

As i was fixing plates, he came to me and told me to fix him a plate. I have always done this, i don't do special meal simply because you don't like what i fix either eat or go to bed hungry.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I completely agree with you.

ZombieMeat
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Eh, I don't mind making an extra meal. I certainly wouldn't want to eat something I didn't like.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:42 PM
I am the same way
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont make extra meals but I will let him eat what we had for dinner if he changes his mind-before bedtime, of course.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cshepard
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM
I don't make an extra meal but, my kids are welcome to a sandwhich or something they can fix.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:47 PM
We eat a lot of spicy food. Dd doesn't do spicy. So instead of fixing our dinner non-spicy, I simply offer her something else (easy). She also hates meat, and I'm ok with that, but we love it so I still fix it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I'm the same way. I'm not a short order cook and this is not an open kitchen. You'll eat what you get or you must not be hungry.

Not to ring my own bell or anything, but everything I make is awesome, so we don't usually have a problem ;)

Master_Debater
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I only do that with things I KNOW they like. And they always have to at least try anything. I can't really force that rule on them when I'm pickier than any kid.

1hotmama87
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I agree withy ou 100%! My mom used to tell us growing up she wasn't a short order cook, I tell my boys the same thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)