Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My hubby is making me dinner!

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
And I am keeping my mouth shut...

He tested me today and said, "I am making dinner tonight and giving my Sexy a night off!"

Well, I am excited. I walk in from work and he is getting things going. He has some kind of roasts or similar thick cuts of beef and he is getting ready to stick them in the oven on 450.

I don't have it in me to tell him that the meat will be tough as heck. So, I will keep my mouth shut and tell him how much I love it...lol.
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:52 PM

My dh tried that once. Nearly burned down the damn house. When he offers to cook I suggest eating out instead, he usually agrees lol.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Lol aww its the thought that counts and its thoughtful of you to keep your mouth shut
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Lol. It is cute he is trying. Hopefully it turns out better than you are thinking. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Lol, you are a great wife. I would do the same. Luckily for me, my hubby is a great cook. Not that he does it often.
Mazi184
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Aw well,it's the thought that counts, lol. Dh likes to cook dinner on Mondays because its his day off. Luckily, he's a good cook- he just makes a huge mess of my kitchen lol.
TrouserMouse
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Lol. I don't blame you.

Quoting Anonymous:

My dh tried that once. Nearly burned down the damn house. When he offers to cook I suggest eating out instead, he usually agrees lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:04 PM

lol

dh is an awesome cook! much better then me! that's why i hate cooking because i know what he's thinking lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I usually try to be nice about it, like eating something he loves that I hate lol. He wanted to fry CHICKEN, left it on the stove without checking it. Had the whole family outside because the house was smoked up. I get scared when he offers now. 

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Lol. I don't blame you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Can you discreetly lower the oven temp? Lol
michelles89
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:06 PM
My dh made dinner to tonight too :) but we both cook equally and he's a good cook his mama raised him right lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)