Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's your biggest "mom secret"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Not scandalous. Just cleaning or organization secret you think you're genius for lol

I have a Clorox toilet want I use for the bathtub. It's so quick to just click it in scrub it out rinse with the shower head and Toss it in the trash.

I also thought I was genius the day I filled a tote full of water and put it at the bottom of the ladder of the in ground pool. Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Bump
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:18 PM
13 moms liked this

I freeze the water I boil broccoli in and use it to cool kid soup

Chan_Brawner88
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Is this a book? Sounds interesting. What's the craziest thing they've eaten without knowing?

Quoting Elyce225:

Putting fruits and veggies in just about everything we eat.

Thank you Jessica Seinfeld for deceptively delicious, it's genius. My kids are so healthy if they shit on the ground fruit would bloom, lol.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:20 PM
14 moms liked this

I rely heavily on my crockpot.  I've always got something going, be it the main dish, side dish, or soup.  If I end up not needing it that night (we eat out or I have time to make something fresher) I freeze what was in there and thaw it for a later meal.  Maybe when I'm not feeling good, or right before or after a long road trip.

I treat stains the moment they happen.  I take my shirt off right away and treat it with ginger ale, or scrub it with soap depending on what the stain is.

I cut and portion all my produce right after I buy it.  It helps it stay fresher longer.  I put a few gallons of cool water in the sink basin with a couple caps of vinegar, soak all the produce for 10 minutes, then start pulling it out and chopping, portioning, seeding, etc.  The vinegar kills off mold spores, and having it all prepped saves me a ton of time later in the week.

If I have leftovers, but only enough for 1 person, I package it up and put it in the freezer.  There are plenty of times when 1 person needs a quick meal, especially me during lunch when Dh can't make it home.

I get rid of old toys when the boys aren't home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:21 PM
6 moms liked this

I don't want to be a mom

ksueditz
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:21 PM
4 moms liked this

i buy plastic ice cubes, and use them to cool soup quickly, and w/o watering it down. 

i use a children's paint brush to clean the "corners" of deep cups/glasses. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Genious mom (-:

Quoting Anonymous:

My 16 month old has a bkankie. She cries if you take it. But it needs to he washed frequently: she'd freak out. So I bought her two more of the exact same bkankie. Now she has one at all times and its never dirty.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)