Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's your biggest "mom secret"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Not scandalous. Just cleaning or organization secret you think you're genius for lol

I have a Clorox toilet want I use for the bathtub. It's so quick to just click it in scrub it out rinse with the shower head and Toss it in the trash.

I also thought I was genius the day I filled a tote full of water and put it at the bottom of the ladder of the in ground pool. Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
juliette12
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM

bump

Decemberlov
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM
5 moms liked this
I save the ends of the bread that are all Crust that my kids won't use for sandwiches and make french toast out of them.... they still haven't figured it out ;)
ShellLea
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:25 AM
8 moms liked this

I don't baby proof other than using a gate at the bottom of the stairs. It can be exhausting correcting and redirecting when they first become mobile but it pays off pretty quickly. 

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Laundry everyday so I don't have huge amounts on the weekend, apple cider vinegar to clean my washer and it smells good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyrebecca1853
by Amy on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I need to get that book!

Quoting Elyce225:

Putting fruits and veggies in just about everything we eat.

Thank you Jessica Seinfeld for deceptively delicious, it's genius. My kids are so healthy if they shit on the ground fruit would bloom, lol.
2Gs
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:30 AM
4 moms liked this
One toy in one toy out. Same goes for clothing. This keeps clutter minimized big time.
Kmary
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:36 AM
28 moms liked this

I store sheet sets in one of the pillowcases.  Like I stuff the fitted sheet, flat sheet and a pillowcase all into the other pillowcase so they're all together in a "pouch."  So I'm never searching for the matching sheet or whatever for a set.  I just reach in the linen closet and grab the whole pouch.  Yes, they can be kind of wrinkly from being stuffed in a pillowcase (though I do attempt to fold them before going in) but I don't really care if my sheets are wrinked.  They're covered by my comforter and who goes in my bed besides me and dh?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:37 AM
17 moms liked this

I use white vinegar as weed killer in my garden. I also use vinegar and dawn dish soap mixed together to clean the tub, just spray it on and leave for 10 minutes, go back and wipe and spray...spotless tub.

I save my paper towel tubes and stuff plastic bags, from the grocery store, in there and put in my car to have "trash bags" always available in my car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Iove your ideas!

Quoting Anonymous:

I use white vinegar as weed killer in my garden. I also use vinegar and dawn dish soap mixed together to clean the tub, just spray it on and leave for 10 minutes, go back and wipe and spray...spotless tub.

I save my paper towel tubes and stuff plastic bags, from the grocery store, in there and put in my car to have "trash bags" always available in my car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:50 AM
14 moms liked this

My laundry routine ! I quit doing it, sorta, lol

I no longer sort clothes. I wash everything together in cold water, heavy duty cycle, with laundry detergent & color safe bleach.

When they come out of the drier I have All the kids go though them and sort them according to who they belong to. They are responsible for putting their own clothes away.

The kids get to choose if they want to fold them or not, my only rule is that they have to fit in the dresser and I better not see them on the floor.

The older 2 on their own decided they like folded clothes so they do it. The younger 3 just shove them in there and that's fine too.

I hang all dh & mine clothes and undergarments get stuck in drawers. I don't fold undergarments or socks. They each have there own drawer and it makes no sense. Who looks at your socks to see if they're wrinkled ? :-)

I started doing this when I found myself washing and ironing 3 -4 loads a day, folding them putting them away and then an hour afterward the kids would have them all wrinkled on the floor. I got tired of it so I now do what I wrote above.

I love laundry day now, LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)