Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's your biggest "mom secret"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Not scandalous. Just cleaning or organization secret you think you're genius for lol

I have a Clorox toilet want I use for the bathtub. It's so quick to just click it in scrub it out rinse with the shower head and Toss it in the trash.

I also thought I was genius the day I filled a tote full of water and put it at the bottom of the ladder of the in ground pool. Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Replies (481-490):
boysrjoys2
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Oh and I use sugar as a scrub. For example face scrub or if hubby comes home with oil on his hands... sugar and dish soap takes it off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 62 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM
that's true with this combination it worked awesome and fast compared to Lysol and Clorox cracks I would be in the forever trying to get that crap off

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Glad it helped! I swear, that combination gets the soapscum off better than anything I have tried:)

Quoting Anonymous:

I I know this is gonna sound silly and crazy but I love you I tried the vinegar and dish soap trick for my bathroom and it works I don't have to kill myself no more with Clorox and Lysol I'm so happy I use to get sick all the time after cleaning my bathroom with Lysol and Clorox that my nose would be feeling like it's been burnt and I be sick coughing and everything no more For me now I found my new love sorry Lysol and Clorox no more in this house baby lol

An,to the OP I love u too if it wasn't for you and this post I would have never known and I would still be killing myself with clorox and Lysol

Quoting iamcafemom83:I use vinegar for a lot of my cleaning.

Mixed with a bit of dish soap, it does an amazing job with soapscum in the bathroom! !

I will pour some on a pyrex dish with some water, microwave for like 2 minutes, let sit, and the microwave just wipes clean.

I also use vinegar as a fabric softner in the wash. When I was using downy, my little fabric softner dispenser made a HUGE mess bc it was on top of the agitator.

twoboys1girl
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I really like you ideas....I fight with my younger two over food they think they have to eat everything in sight. I am going to try this idea. As for the binder w/ the puzzles that is AMAZING....I have put them in bags but never thought of that.

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

I cut up a whole weeks worth of fruits and veggies x3 (so its 1 bag of each x3 per day for 7 days) and put it in ziplock baggies for the kids to just grab and go whenever they want.

I have a 3 drawer container that containes the same amount of sugar snacks (1 drawer per child) for each day. Once those sugar snacks for that day are gone they get no more.

So like todays.is: 1 dunkaroo (for 2 kids) a small container of mixed chips (for 2 kids) 3 oreo cookies (for 2 kids) and a ticket to pick a special treat from the treat box at the end of the day (if they have been good) so its like a chocolate bar, a small single size bag of popcorn etc.....Thats just my 11 and 5 yr olds.

My 18 month olds is. 1 chocolate pudding. Homemade rice krispie square, Gold fish crackers.

I love this idea and its genius to me. lol My kids can acess it whenever they want in the day time, but they know when its all gone they get nothing else that is sweet/junk.

I also have a container that holds only school snacks in it, so they dont eat them and not have any for school.

I used binders to keep puzzles in.

I cut the pictire off the top of the box amd buy those huge ziplock baggies. I put the carboard picture in the ziplock bag, and then I put all the puzzle pieces inside the bag. I then laminate the edge of the ziplock baggie to make it more sturdy and then punch holes in it and put it in a big oversized 3 ringed binder. The kids just have to flip through the binder to find what puzzle they want and take it out.

I use borax mixed with baking soda to wash tough stains out of my walls, bedroom carpets and orange pasta rings from the bathtub. lol Oh mixed with water and sometimes mixed with vinegar (just a tiny bit though)

kkat117
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:58 AM
A lemon.

I had hardwater stains that just wouldnt come off my bath tub faucet. I tried several store baught cleaners and vinager. None of them worked. I rubbed a lemon all over it, let it sit a few seconds then very briefly scrubbed with the rough side of a sponge and....voila!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 67 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Keep leafy greens crispy and fresh. Rince them off in the sink, dry them with a paper towel, then wrap the greens in a dry paper towel, put in a baggie in the fridge. Doing this they can last for weeks without spoiling or losing their crispiness.

Making your own "Febreeze".  Clean out an old spray bottle (or buy one) mix about 1 tablespoon of liquid fabric softener to the rest water. Shake well.

Keep your house smelling good in the winter months. Put dryer sheets behind all your airvents. When the heat kicks on it'll spread the smell of the dryer sheet throughout the room.

raschwittay
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I fill the Lysol hand/dish soap dispenser with my own soap using a baby medicine syringe. It is meticulous but saves me money. I've been doing it for about 2 years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 68 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM
i sweep and disinfect all hand contact surfaces daily along with laundry (i have a almost four year old and a six month month so i have a lot of laundry)and dishes ect and every other day i mop and scrub the bathroom.
my almost four year old loves to help me clean so i bought him one of those cheap hand brooms so he could clean his room he loves it he also has a routine of picking up his room before lunch and bed we made it a game when he was 18 months old now its just fun for him and he gets mad at his cousins if they get his room messy he makes them pick up their messes lol.
i also use white vinegar in my coffee pot mixed with water it unclogs the pot and makes it sparkling clean and you dont have to replace your pot so often.
i also use bleach mixed with oxyclean on my sinks and toilet cleans freshens and removes stains.
steph0420
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM

You shouldn't 'donate' to goodwill. It's pure profit for the owner. You give them stuff for free and they sell it for a profit. The president of the company makes a couple million dollars a year. Not a dime goes to help anyone but himself. Donate to salvation army. The president gives himself only a $13,000 a year salary, they actually help people and you get a tax write off for whatever you donate.

mothergoose105
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM
My 13 month old granddaughter kept tripping over her " big" blankie so I cut it in half...sewed the edges now she has a blankie at my house and one at hers...and no more tripping. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Genious mom (-:

Quoting Anonymous:

My 16 month old has a bkankie. She cries if you take it. But it needs to he washed frequently: she'd freak out. So I bought her two more of the exact same bkankie. Now she has one at all times and its never dirty.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica020410
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Just a couple things I can think of now:

I safety pin paired socks together before washing them.

I put a bowl of water, with a slice of lemon, in the microwave, before wiping it down.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN