Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should my sister be allowed to see my daughter?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM
  • 22 Replies

Well where do i start lets see, i have an older sister who is 30 and she is not the ideal sister at all. all our lives shes been boy crazy (sneaking boys in and out of her room each day) and as an adult she hasnt changed except she doesnt live with mom anymore. she has an 11 yo son who our mother has custody over because one of her bf's broke his leg when he was 18 months old and she stopped comeing to see him because mom told her she was going to make her take a drug test. she is in and out of jail on different things but mostly for drugs, i never had a real problem with her smokeing pot but now shes into meth, H, and she shoots up now as well. she hasnt spoke to me in months she didnt come to my baby shower and all she did when my little girl was born was take a pic i posted on fb and shared it. she is now in jail again for violating her probation (she told my mom she didnt report but i dont believe her) she is now asking about me and my daughter and how we are doing, and my mom has been sending her pics of my baby. i know she is my sister but i dont want my daughter around the things that my sister does because every time she gets out of jail she is back on the drugs, needles and different men every other week... what should i do :(

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ThatSmittyGirl
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I wouldn't let her see your daughter.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
No question
Nope
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I would not have anything to do with her. Keep your daughter far away from this mess.

buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Don't let her near any of the kids til she's clean and tell your mom to stop sending photos of your daughter!
mistie900
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be fine with my mom sending pictures but I wouldn't want her around my dd. I might politely make conversation with her but I wouldn't get close or allow her to get close to my dd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nee86
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM
She wouldn't be near my kid and I would be asking mom to stop sending pictures of DD to her.
JT95687
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Cut her out of your life entirely... trust me, it would be better for you and your daughter.  I have a brother who is into drugs/alcohol and is an abusive prick... He has no idea I have kids and I plan on keeping it that way as long as I am still breathing.  I even have in my will about him never getting any type of visitation - I am that serious about keeping him away from my kids.  I would also make your mother aware that if she continues to give her pictures of YOUR child, then she will lose any and all contact of your daughter too.  That is bullshit in my opinion.  Good luck and sorry your family sucks too!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Our Angel Babies (forever loved and forever missed)
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I certainly wouldn't allow a child around someone who could possibly have drugs on them, or be on drugs. Too many variables there, and they're all bad.

swishyskirt
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I believe it would be wise and prudent for you to shield your daughter from such a debauched lifestyle.  I feel very sad for your sister, and the life her choices have led her.  However, your daughter is your first priority and I think you're doing the right thing by keeping her away from your sister.  That's a terrible decision to make : ( I'm sorry.

FarinsMommy
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:02 PM

ty all i figured it would be the right thing to do keeping her away from my daughter i just wanted to make sure beforehand

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured