Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've abandoned this dove in my front yard

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

....I don't know with to do with it. I think its wing is broken. It was getting ants on it, plus my lab would totally eat it if it stayed in my backyard, so I put it out front in the side yard. I feel bad for it, but I can't help it. Nature is a bitch sometimes I guess. I at least gave it a slightly better chance I guess.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom011598
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM

hawk food

TheDoctorsWife
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Put it out of its misery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Take him to a vet. Taking pictures and watching him suffer is a cruel thing to do.
sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww, poor guy. Call animal/wildlife control
Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I helped a pigeon that I thought had a broken wing. He must have just injured it because about four hours later he flew away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Quoting mom011598:

hawk food

the darn thing is only around here because the back neighbors put up a bird feeder - now falcons have been coming around. we just found evidence of another one getting eaten in our backyard. ironic. something will probably eat it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Take him to a vet. Taking pictures and watching him suffer is a cruel thing to do.

first off- I am not taking a wild bird in my car and second it would be to the emergency vet since it's after hours. this is nature - it is going to happen whether i take pictures of it or not. 

I feel bad for it, but I'm not taking a wild dove to the vet. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Quoting sugareemommee:

Aww, poor guy. Call animal/wildlife control

I do feel bad for it, but they aren't going to come out for a dove. if it was a hawk or something, they would since they are protected - but not for a dove. that would be like calling them out for a squirrel. 

KGreen75
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I take hurt birds to the vet all of the time. I put gloves in, put them in Shoe box and off they go. There is a vet here that takes wild animals and rehabs them then releases them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM

someone's darling pet cat will kill it for you.   The owners of cats feel no remorse over wild birds....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)