Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child support enforcement question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My sons father has stopped visiting my son. It's been two months now. He went off the deep end. Binge drinking, stopped showing up to work, may be the father to a minors child. Anyways, I have him on Facebook. He just posted and said that he is selling his shotgun because he is moving to a different town. I guess he was kicked out of his house. He lived with his step dad. I haven't received child support since early July. He hasn't shown up to work since July 7th. I know this because he worked with his step dad and his step dad contacted me and told me. He was curious why my son hasn't been visiting so I told him what had happened. Long story short, my sons father stopped changing diapers so our son came home from three different visits with diaper rashes and leaking diapers from poop. I told my sons father that he needs to figure it out before Ill let him take our son again.

Anyways, am I suppose to contact the child support office and tell them that I heard that my sons father is moving? I checked the x on the paperwork to enforce child support. But do I have to tell them anything or let them deal with it.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Unless you have a new address for him, calling them is useless... and really until he has a new job, they won't do anything about it anyways
xoxRachelxox
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:42 PM

There's no point calling them to let them know he's moving unless you have the address.

If he does start working, they'll find him with his social security number. That's of course assuming he's not working under the table. In which case, you're just plain fucked. Well, so is he because he'll go into arrears.

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:51 PM

If you have info give it to them. I know in my divorce papers it says if either of us have info that could effect the cs case then we are to let cs know. Info such as new whereabouts, change of jobs or salary. Just give them the info & let them handle the rest. 

My ex husband is living with his gf/baby mamma & he pays her support. He doesn't want to tell cs because she gets PA. Well *I* am required to tell them! So, yeah I sent cs a letter giving his new address. I *may* have also said I know he is living with gf & gave her name & their son's name & DOB.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:54 PM

really?? i hope that he's atleast not paying you for you to do something like that

Quoting CampClan:

If you have info give it to them. I know in my divorce papers it says if either of us have info that could effect the cs case then we are to let cs know. Info such as new whereabouts, change of jobs or salary. Just give them the info & let them handle the rest. 

My ex husband is living with his gf/baby mamma & he pays her support. He doesn't want to tell cs because she gets PA. Well *I* am required to tell them! So, yeah I sent cs a letter giving his new address. I *may* have also said I know he is living with gf & gave her name & their son's name & DOB.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:55 PM
They'll go after him, they did for my kids dad.
Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:56 PM

In order  to enforce child support   they need to  know  where he is  and  where  he is working.     If he isn't working... well you can't collect anything.  If he is on your FB  you  need  to  make your stuff not visible to him  as well as your posts. You  can still be added  but he won't be able to see anything  on your page or pictures if you change the settings that way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
You give them whatever information you can and they will go from there
BEXi
by BEXi on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:57 PM

No point in calling unless you have the new address..

Even then, it could still be useless. They sent a letter to my exes address, emailed me back saying "sorry, we received the letter back and they said that he no longer lives there." Well no shit they would say that. I gave up a long time ago. lol.

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Why? He IS paying support for our 4 kids. And I let cs know because she is cheating the system by living with her baby daddy, taking his support, & getting PA! If PA knew they live together they wouldn't qualify for assistance.

Quoting Anonymous:

really?? i hope that he's atleast not paying you for you to do something like that

Quoting CampClan:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM

smh

Quoting CampClan:

Why? He IS paying support for our 4 kids. And I let cs know because she is cheating the system by living with her baby daddy, taking his support, & getting PA! If PA knew they live together they wouldn't qualify for assistance.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CampClan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN