Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am such a mess....

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this

So this is the poem I found last night on my son's kindergarten desk when I went to open house. I thought I would share for other mamas going through this as well. 

The First Day

We gave you a little wink and smile

As you entered our room today .

For we know how hard it is to leave

And know your child must stay.

You've been with them for five years now

And have been a loving guide,

But now, alas, the time has come

to leave them by our side.

Just know that as you drive away

And tears down your cheeks may flow

We'll love them as we would our own

And help them learn and grow.

So please put your mind at ease

And worry no more,

For we will love them and take them in

When you leave them at our door.

I can't handle it!! I wasn't this bad when my daughter started school (now she is 13 so it has been awhile too). I can't stand this. All I do is cry. He has had many evaluations and today was approved for speech therapy and they are going to do an IEP after 10 days. He is just so unaware of what is going on. Plus, my daughter immediately became a brat. I swear it was the day she started kindergarten! She was never the same little girl. I don't want that to happen to my little boy. Maybe I should homeschool.........

So is anyone else taking it this hard?  

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM

BUMP!

pianomom21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:54 PM
My daughter starts high school tomorrow. I'm having a terrible time with it. I can believe that she is old enough for high school! To make it even worse, she will be able to get her learner's permit after she turns 14 on Saturday :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Oh geez.....I'm sorry. My daughter will be in high school next year. It does happen way too fast! They don't know what they're doin' to us! lol 

And maybe she won't want to drive at 14. My little sister never wanted hers. She was weird, she waited til she was like 20. 

Quoting pianomom21:

My daughter starts high school tomorrow. I'm having a terrible time with it. I can believe that she is old enough for high school! To make it even worse, she will be able to get her learner's permit after she turns 14 on Saturday :(

aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Perhaps I should have thrown in the topic of sex, area code, cheating on your SO with siamese midgets or something more interesting....

pianomom21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I wish she would wait, but she's already studying for her driving test. She doesn't like me showing emotion, so my tears will have to wait until she boards the bus. Then I will bawl my eyes out all of the way home. Being a mom hurts terribly at times!

Quoting aandt1999:

Oh geez.....I'm sorry. My daughter will be in high school next year. It does happen way too fast! They don't know what they're doin' to us! lol 

And maybe she won't want to drive at 14. My little sister never wanted hers. She was weird, she waited til she was like 20. 

Quoting pianomom21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it does. I thought I couldn't wait for my son to start school so I could have a little "me" time but now I am not so sure! And you are stronger than me, because I am going to be the crying fool tomorrow. Or laughing. I tend to laugh instead of cry when I am sad. 

Quoting pianomom21:

I wish she would wait, but she's already studying for her driving test. She doesn't like me showing emotion, so my tears will have to wait until she boards the bus. Then I will bawl my eyes out all of the way home. Being a mom hurts terribly at times!

Quoting aandt1999:

Quoting pianomom21:

temage
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I didn't cry much when my youngest started school. I was too happy to no longer have to pay for day care! Lol
aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Oh I can imagine! What a load lifted that would be.....financially. My son has never been in daycare though, that might have made this easier. He has just been with me. Every day of his little life! 

Quoting temage:

I didn't cry much when my youngest started school. I was too happy to no longer have to pay for day care! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:00 PM

my dd is in her last year of hs I cant believe time has flew by so quickly but Im looking forward to seeing my dd become a adult and watch as she takes a step into the real world.enjoy the time you have with your children they grow so fast.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I had a bawl baby moment when my oldest girlstarted first grade.  Now that same baby is 22 years old.  I can't remember being overly emotional about any of my youngest girl's first days.  Iwill probably be a mess when she starts her Senior year, because then I will be heading into the empty nest years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN