Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

180/90 bp and chest pains?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
My mother in law was having chest pains today and went to the nurse (she works at a school) and her blood pressure was at 180/90. Do you think she bothered to go to see a doctor? No. Make an appointment to see one? No. I want to strangle her myself, both her mother and her father have had heart problems including surgeries AND her brother died of sudden heart failure LAST YEAR. I just want to cry, I'm worried about losing her.
vent over.
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BEXi
by BEXi on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:14 PM

OH no.. does she just not care??? :(

morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM
I'm sure she'll claim she doesn't have money, blah blah blah, but mother fuck, she spent $300 on her 18 year old DOG last month at the vet.

Quoting BEXi:

OH no.. does she just not care??? :(

dixiegurl223626
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:34 PM
She needs to go to ER ASAP!
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:36 PM
My blood pressure was high like 180/100 when I got pissed off but generally 160/100. The docs put me on meds and I quit eating wheat and shortly after that it went down to normal and still is. If I accidentally get wheat or corn it goes up again. Maybe it's something like that. She needs to get a bp cuff and take it at the same time everyday. Then she will know for sure if its high or she was just stressed. Also having consistently high bp can really effect the kidneys. She could end up in bad shape. She is probably scared to go to the doc but they will probably start out putting her on a water pill and have her monitor it. Tell her i said that. Lol
PestPatti
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I had severe chest pains in June, I went to Urgent Care, and they transported me to the ER.

With my family history, and own medical issues.  I was kept over night for observation.    Chest pain is the scariest pain I have ever had, in my 51 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN