Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sending a Kid To Bed Without Supper

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies

What age would you send a kid to bed without supper for not listening, throwing fits, talking back, refusing to pick up anything in their room (has turned into one big pile on one side of her bed), hitting little sister, throwing toys, not behaving at school, etc? (comes home from school and goes to bed instead of doing homework or cleaning room--3 warnings that it was supper time and if they didn't get up and get their stuff done they would miss it)

**She is refusing to do anything--even come out of her room.  She is not sick either.  She normally cleans up really quick as soon as I tell her supper is ready.  Lately she has been pushing her limits.  She turns 6 soon.  She is mad I told her no tv for her behavior at school.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:21 PM
6 moms liked this
I dont use food for punishment..so never
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Never.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I wouldnt, food is for nourishment, not punishment
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Never.
arpazia
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Never!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tardistraveller
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Food isn't a means to punish.

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:24 PM
4 moms liked this

well, that's not really the same thing.   Having a child come to the table and you refuse them to eat is one thing... that's called withholding food.    However, having a child refuse to get up and get done and get to the table on time is not your choice to withhold food.   It's just a natural consequence of refusing to come to dinner.   That's your child withholding their own food, and it won't kill them to deal with the consequences of their own actions until breakfast.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Never.  I would never send my kid to bed without dinnes.  I would make them eat.

mom2be2013397
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Food is necessary...take games,toys or something materialistic....whether one day or several its child abuse
Chrissywissy
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I would not put them to bed without dinner for a means of discipline, but if they choose not to eat what I made they can go to bed without dinner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)