Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O to the DNA testing thread

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM
  • 10 Replies
I saw many times women stating that they don't have a problem with the government DNA testing their newborns because they have nothing to hide.

To those women I have a question.

If you have nothing to hide then would you submit to a lie detector once a month?

Would you submit to random drug testing from the government just because they want to start randomly testing people?

Would you let the government put cameras in your home to watch you 24/7?

Again you've got nothing to hide....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:24 PM

None of those examples you listed make other people responsible for children. 

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Good point. Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

None of those examples you listed make other people responsible for children. 

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:28 PM
What does drug testing and cameras have to do with DNA though?

To me, you're composing apples to oranges.

P.S. I didn't answer the other post because I think it's a good idea and a bad one at the same time.

Quoting Roxygurl:

I saw many times women stating that they don't have a problem with the government DNA testing their newborns because they have nothing to hide.

To those women I have a question.

If you have nothing to hide then would you submit to a lie detector once a month?

Would you submit to random drug testing from the government just because they want to start randomly testing people?

Would you let the government put cameras in your home to watch you 24/7?

Again you've got nothing to hide....

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I didn't see the other post
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanineDeer
by Janine on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:30 PM

"The government" which is you and I and every tax-paying person in the country- might be tired of supported all these babies being made without a care.   

I assume the DNA testing is to try to find the sperm donor so they have to be made to pay for their offspring?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I haven't read the other post but how is the government going.to force these test. Mom .ca always just say she was sleeping with lots of guys and doesn't know any of there names. Then what would they do? Test everyman in the city?state? Country?
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I don't know why people are so weak minded that they want the government in every aspect of their lives......

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:34 PM

78% of child support cases in my state are in arrears.  Let's start there.

Quoting JanineDeer:

"The government" which is you and I and every tax-paying person in the country- might be tired of supported all these babies being made without a care.   

I assume the DNA testing is to try to find the sperm donor so they have to be made to pay for their offspring?

malexander2009
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Okay so here's the thing as to what the previous posters have said. DNA testing makes with out a shadow of a doubt, for couples married or not, that the dad is the father your other arguements do not strap a man to a child that isn't his. 

myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Actually the other post was about mandatory dna testing to avoid men being forced to pay cs to kids who aren't really theirs.

Quoting JanineDeer:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)