Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN FEED MY CHILD!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 455 Replies
9 moms liked this

Ok so our post now has this new health initiative.  I get it to an extent but no more pizza parties by the PTO or anything like that.

Now we are able to go in & eat lunch w/our kids.  My DH had off the today so we went & surprised our DD at school & took Subway w/us & sat at the tables provided for those eating lunch w/their kids.  Well one of the volunteer lunch mom's through a fit bc we brought in junk food (subway).  The principal ended up sending home a letter stating parents should refrain from bringing in pizza, subway, BK, McDs, Taco Bell, etc.

Look I get trying to promote healthy eating, though I think they are going a bit extreme with it. 

I also do not believe they should be able to tell me what I can & can not bring when I buy it w/my money.  It is a special thing for my child, doesn't happen often.  I don't care if I bring in BK or McD's, it is my choice.  Not to mention I personally think BK (I hate McDs) is probably healthier than the crap that they serve for lunches!

If they want to do a big health thing & get kids to eat healthier maybe they should look into what the hell they are serving for lunch!

I don't find it appropriate to tell me what I can & can't bring my daughter to eat.  What is next, pick through the lunchboxes?

Sorry if that didn't make sense, I just needed to vent!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM
12 moms liked this
I kind of agree that this stuff is going to far. i mean, i dont understand why they feel they can tell us what we can feed our kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

thats overboard on schools part,

nyxiemist
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:17 PM
26 moms liked this

So a sandwich with veggies on it is junk food?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I guess so.

My DD gets her's on wheat bread, she has ham & turkey, cucumbers, spinach & tomato on it along w/vinegar.  Sounds horrible huh? lol

Quoting nyxiemist:

So a sandwich with veggies on it is junk food?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:20 PM
3 moms liked this

I totally agree with you. Subway can be a decent meal with the apple slices and all that.

The shit that they serve for school lunch? It's chicken nuggets, fries, pizza...They shouldn't get up in a huff about McD's!

MrsRussell1025
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:20 PM
I would be pissed too. I would understand their point if you had brought the whole class happy meals, but this was a treat for your child alone. You have every right to feed your child what you want school grounds or not. Do they send home a letter home to all the parents who pack chips, pudding, candy, etc in lunch boxes?
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM
7 moms liked this
What the hell is wrong with Subway?
Sj218
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Did you only bring cookies and Cheetos from Subway? I mean, really....if you're going to bring in lunch, what the hell are you supposed to bring?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM

LOL. Sorry I find it funny that people get so upset over one meal. Of course I am that mom that lets my dd drink soda. It is diet soda, but it is soda. Drives most moms crazy - I don't care. They know nothing of our eating habits, situation, or health issues.

And most juices - even healthy ones - have to much sugar in them for anyone to be drinking besides a diabetic with low blood sugars.

victoria1971
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:22 PM
6 moms liked this
I think it has to do with making other kids jealous. There is no way a fresh sandwich can be called junk compared to the school lunch that is served such as pizza and nachos.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)