Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN FEED MY CHILD!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok so our post now has this new health initiative.  I get it to an extent but no more pizza parties by the PTO or anything like that.

Now we are able to go in & eat lunch w/our kids.  My DH had off the today so we went & surprised our DD at school & took Subway w/us & sat at the tables provided for those eating lunch w/their kids.  Well one of the volunteer lunch mom's through a fit bc we brought in junk food (subway).  The principal ended up sending home a letter stating parents should refrain from bringing in pizza, subway, BK, McDs, Taco Bell, etc.

Look I get trying to promote healthy eating, though I think they are going a bit extreme with it. 

I also do not believe they should be able to tell me what I can & can not bring when I buy it w/my money.  It is a special thing for my child, doesn't happen often.  I don't care if I bring in BK or McD's, it is my choice.  Not to mention I personally think BK (I hate McDs) is probably healthier than the crap that they serve for lunches!

If they want to do a big health thing & get kids to eat healthier maybe they should look into what the hell they are serving for lunch!

I don't find it appropriate to tell me what I can & can't bring my daughter to eat.  What is next, pick through the lunchboxes?

Sorry if that didn't make sense, I just needed to vent!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
jlmc
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Ew to bk (I just don't like it), but other than that yes the school is being ridiculous. They have no say.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:24 PM
7 moms liked this

Not being snarky, I'd rather see a child drink a regular soda than a diet soda.

But honestly I don't judge when I see it.

As for juices, we only do V8 which I know still isn't the best.  I am in the process of looking for a juicer, I so want to start juicing!

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL. Sorry I find it funny that people get so upset over one meal. Of course I am that mom that lets my dd drink soda. It is diet soda, but it is soda. Drives most moms crazy - I don't care. They know nothing of our eating habits, situation, or health issues.

And most juices - even healthy ones - have to much sugar in them for anyone to be drinking besides a diabetic with low blood sugars.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:26 PM

LOL I won't lie, I got her chips.  But we drank water:)

Thing is we hardly ever have that stuff so it is a treat.  Things like that I don't mind giving her something a bit unhealthy once in awhile.

Quoting Anonymous:

I totally agree with you. Subway can be a decent meal with the apple slices and all that.

The shit that they serve for school lunch? It's chicken nuggets, fries, pizza...They shouldn't get up in a huff about McD's!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM
3 moms liked this
This whole eating lunch at your kid's school is weird. No parents ever did that when I was in school and I don't know any parents that do that now. I always thought lunch time was another opportunity to socialize with your friends.
nyxiemist
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Such bad parenting! Shame on you, shame! LOL

If they are anti pizza, they should ban cheese sandwiches too. They should also take hotdogs, pizza, and chicken nuggets off their menu. That's what the serve at the school on our post.

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess so.

My DD gets her's on wheat bread, she has ham & turkey, cucumbers, spinach & tomato on it along w/vinegar.  Sounds horrible huh? lol

Quoting nyxiemist:

So a sandwich with veggies on it is junk food?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Haven't you heard the latest that Subway IS CONSIDERED NOT HEALTHY! Look it up, there was a recent news article on it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:29 PM
3 moms liked this

So tired of the "jealous" and "unfair" crap to be honest.

Not every child has a parent come eat w/them ever, kids are probably jealous over that.

Also, we don't sit in the lunch room.  There are tables right outside the lunch room where we sit. So all the other kids aren't seeing what we eat.

Quoting victoria1971:

I think it has to do with making other kids jealous. There is no way a fresh sandwich can be called junk compared to the school lunch that is served such as pizza and nachos.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:30 PM
5 moms liked this

Didn't one guy lose a bunch of weight by eating at Subway everyday??

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:31 PM

LOL IDC, not really the point.

Like I said if I want to eat lunch w/my DD & get her BK bc we hardly eat fast food that should be my choice.  I am 99% sure that BK is healthier than that crap they serve at lunch!

Quoting Anonymous:

Haven't you heard the latest that Subway IS CONSIDERED NOT HEALTHY! Look it up, there was a recent news article on it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Quoting bmw29:

What the hell is wrong with Subway?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)