Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN FEED MY CHILD!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok so our post now has this new health initiative.  I get it to an extent but no more pizza parties by the PTO or anything like that.

Now we are able to go in & eat lunch w/our kids.  My DH had off the today so we went & surprised our DD at school & took Subway w/us & sat at the tables provided for those eating lunch w/their kids.  Well one of the volunteer lunch mom's through a fit bc we brought in junk food (subway).  The principal ended up sending home a letter stating parents should refrain from bringing in pizza, subway, BK, McDs, Taco Bell, etc.

Look I get trying to promote healthy eating, though I think they are going a bit extreme with it. 

I also do not believe they should be able to tell me what I can & can not bring when I buy it w/my money.  It is a special thing for my child, doesn't happen often.  I don't care if I bring in BK or McD's, it is my choice.  Not to mention I personally think BK (I hate McDs) is probably healthier than the crap that they serve for lunches!

If they want to do a big health thing & get kids to eat healthier maybe they should look into what the hell they are serving for lunch!

I don't find it appropriate to tell me what I can & can't bring my daughter to eat.  What is next, pick through the lunchboxes?

Sorry if that didn't make sense, I just needed to vent!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Replies (451-455):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:45 AM

You do realize that some people should not have all that sugar right?

Quoting Anonymous:

You do realize that the artificial sweeteners in diet soda are worse for you then sugar right?

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL. Sorry I find it funny that people get so upset over one meal. Of course I am that mom that lets my dd drink soda. It is diet soda, but it is soda. Drives most moms crazy - I don't care. They know nothing of our eating habits, situation, or health issues.

And most juices - even healthy ones - have to much sugar in them for anyone to be drinking besides a diabetic with low blood sugars.

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I am a type 1 diabetic and you won't see me touch juice to my lips unless it is freshly squeezed. Then again.... i dont eat candy or glucose tabs either lol if I get a low I will munch on fruit or nuts until my sugar comes up.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL. Sorry I find it funny that people get so upset over one meal. Of course I am that mom that lets my dd drink soda. It is diet soda, but it is soda. Drives most moms crazy - I don't care. They know nothing of our eating habits, situation, or health issues.

And most juices - even healthy ones - have to much sugar in them for anyone to be drinking besides a diabetic with low blood sugars.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM
But nobody should have the fake stuff.

When I had diabetes with my DD and now borderline diabetic I had to research a lot and that stuff is not good at all. With regular soda just cut it down on intake.d.

Quoting Anonymous: You do realize that some people should not have all that sugar right?
Quoting Anonymous:
 You do realize that the artificial sweeteners in diet soda are worse for you then sugar right?
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I know many diabetics, they know fake sugar is horrid and don't use the crap.

If they want a soda they don't drink the whole thing.

I had GD with my DD and even the nutritionist said to stay away from the artificial sweetners.

Quoting Anonymous:

You realize that some people can't have regular soda?

You realize some people can't just drink juice because of the sugar?

You realize some people can't just drink tea - it can and does promote kidney stones in some.

Some can't drink just water - it lowers their blood sugar too much?

So - before you get all high and mighty - might be better to know the whole story.

Quoting Anonymous:

You realize diet soda is worse than regular soda right? It's made with rat poison

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Know the whole story? Lmao. So sorry I didn't comment on every drink out there. Enjoy your rat poison

Quoting Anonymous:

You realize that some people can't have regular soda?

You realize some people can't just drink juice because of the sugar?

You realize some people can't just drink tea - it can and does promote kidney stones in some.

Some can't drink just water - it lowers their blood sugar too much?

So - before you get all high and mighty - might be better to know the whole story.

Quoting Anonymous:

You realize diet soda is worse than regular soda right? It's made with rat poison

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN