Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please do not do this to your kids...

As a kindergarten teacher, I always have a few kids that cry on the first day of school. It is normal and usually I have to deal with parents that hover over their kids when they cry. They are annoying but at least they are showing that they care about their child. This parent just pissed me off.

These people just moved to my area. The school in their old district had not started yet so, when they moved here, he had to go for his first day. He did not go to pre-k so he was scared on his first day. His mother walked him to class and, when she started to leave, he began crying. I did what I normally did for all children who cry. I tried to get him involved but he grabbed onto his mother's pant legs. She turned to him and huffed "Let me go, cry baby!" and she swatted at him like she was going to hit him. He flopped down on the floor and started crying harder. His mother rolled her eyes and said "I've got to go. Can you handle the cry baby or do I just need to take him to my mother's" I told her that I could handle him and I would see if I could calm him down. She glared at him and then yelled "STOP CRYING! THERE IS NO REASON TO CRY! SHUT UP!" I told her the child was not going to calm down as long as she was screaming at him. Then she turned on me. "Oh, so you're going to tell me what to do with my own Goddamn kid? What do you know about raising kids?" (Hello! Four years of college and three, soon to be four kids, but yeah, what do I know about kids?). "Don't you judge me because you're knocked up and think you know everything about being a parent. I know how to talk to my own Goddamn kid and you are not better than I am!" and she turned around and stomped out. It was surprisingly easy to calm the child after "Mommy Dearest" left.

What a bitch? How can somone just talk to their own kid like that and then scream and cuss at his teacher in front of him, and like a room full of other kids? I feel sorry for the poor boy. The father picked him up and appolgized for his wife's behavior and promised that it would never happen again.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:52 PM

You went to college for teaching?  You really should try to get your money back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Sorry, doesn't make me think any differently....unless it really was dog grooming school.

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

I wasn't taking dog grooming classes in college for four years and then deciding that teaching sounded fun. I was studying child development, child behavior, educational techniques, communicating with children, children's literature, children's health,  ect so yeah, I definately know a lot more about children than she does. I also have younger siblings, nieces, nephews, and young cousins that I have cared for and had a hand in raising, and I have worked in daycare, both in home and not, and I have babysat everyone and his brother's kids since I was 11, taught Sunday school and kept the nursery at church, not to mention the expeirences I had with my own kids and 3 years of teaching kindergarten. No, I do not consider myself an "expert" but I do know quite a lot about children.

And yes, it does scares me how she talked to him when she is alone. I can't believe that the father allows it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just have to say college doesn't make you an expert on kids, neither does being a mom. That makes you an expert on *your* kids. However, I agree that mom was an asshole. I'd hate to see how she talks to him when no one is listening.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Scary.

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Poor kiddo....worst mom ever right there

beckyr
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM

When I was an Ohio Reads tutor, a little girl in 1st grade told me she had a boyfriend who slept in her bed at night and taught her how to be a good girl. 

Knowing this was way beyond my qualifications, I finished reading with her and then privately notified her teacher of what she said.  She was amazing with how she got this little girl to open up about what was happening.  Mom worked nights and was leaving her boyfriend home alone with her daughter.  He was molesting her. 

CPS, and the police were called and came to the school. Mom was called in and I've never heard such foul language in my life.  She was literally shrieking and calling her beautiful 6 year old girl a liar.  There was such hate in her voice, it brings tears to my eyes to this day. Last I saw of her,  Mom was being led out of the school in handcuffs, screaming obscenities all the way with children in every classroom. 

Never saw that little girl again.  I don't know for sure what happened to her but I heard through the grapevine that she went to live with her grandparents. 

Some people have no concern for children ... their own or anyone else's.  This is why sometimes I think having to test and be licensed before given permission to parent isn't a bad idea. 

EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM
2 moms liked this

this why i could never do daycare or teaching...i wouldve cold cocked her and handed in my quitting papers. what a cunt.

Tree-Tree
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
As a teacher aren't you mandated to report things like this?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:56 PM

What a damn psycho.  If she's treating her kid like that in public imagine how he's being treated at home.  That makes me very sad.  At least when he's at school he's in a safe loving place.  Keep your eye on the bitch. Good luck.

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I do walk mine to class on the first day (because I teach at their school). My 5 year old walks with me every day because her classroom is right next to mine, but I just kiss and hug her at the door and tell her bye. My stepdaughter kisses and hugs me at my door and then goes down the hall to her class.

Quoting Sassy762:

WOW.......I use to walk all of mine to class BUT I learned the hard way this is not a good thing to do

CafeMom Tickers

xoxRachelxox
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:58 PM

How sad. That poor boy :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN