Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please do not do this to your kids...

As a kindergarten teacher, I always have a few kids that cry on the first day of school. It is normal and usually I have to deal with parents that hover over their kids when they cry. They are annoying but at least they are showing that they care about their child. This parent just pissed me off.

These people just moved to my area. The school in their old district had not started yet so, when they moved here, he had to go for his first day. He did not go to pre-k so he was scared on his first day. His mother walked him to class and, when she started to leave, he began crying. I did what I normally did for all children who cry. I tried to get him involved but he grabbed onto his mother's pant legs. She turned to him and huffed "Let me go, cry baby!" and she swatted at him like she was going to hit him. He flopped down on the floor and started crying harder. His mother rolled her eyes and said "I've got to go. Can you handle the cry baby or do I just need to take him to my mother's" I told her that I could handle him and I would see if I could calm him down. She glared at him and then yelled "STOP CRYING! THERE IS NO REASON TO CRY! SHUT UP!" I told her the child was not going to calm down as long as she was screaming at him. Then she turned on me. "Oh, so you're going to tell me what to do with my own Goddamn kid? What do you know about raising kids?" (Hello! Four years of college and three, soon to be four kids, but yeah, what do I know about kids?). "Don't you judge me because you're knocked up and think you know everything about being a parent. I know how to talk to my own Goddamn kid and you are not better than I am!" and she turned around and stomped out. It was surprisingly easy to calm the child after "Mommy Dearest" left.

What a bitch? How can somone just talk to their own kid like that and then scream and cuss at his teacher in front of him, and like a room full of other kids? I feel sorry for the poor boy. The father picked him up and appolgized for his wife's behavior and promised that it would never happen again.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM

That would be sarcasm. I think dog grooming school is a year. Believe it or not, I looked into it at one point.

Quoting moroccanmommy:

Dog grooming for four years in college?

CafeMom Tickers

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Wow poor kid.
Mommysmadae
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM
A few years ago I saw a mom pull into the school parking lot to drop off her kid. The kid was crying telling her he didn't feel good but she just kept walking him in. Before they even got to the door the kid threw up. She cleaned his mouth and still made him go in. She of course was in her tennis skirt and I'm sure had a match that morning and that was more important.
Unfortunately for her she didn't get very far I found out later she was called to pick him up 30 minutes later for vomiting and fever.
Some people do not need to have kids.
PartyOfCuatro
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM
That is awful. Makes you wonder what happens at home.
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I'm glad that you live in such a sheltered world that you have never heard of someone that treats their kids like shit but not all of us live in a bubble. Believe what you want.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea. That really happened. 

CafeMom Tickers

Chan_Brawner88
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Poor kid.
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I definately will be keeping an eye out. This is one of those things that I was taught to look out for.

Quoting Mel0dy:

I agree. I feel so bad for the little guy :( 

Quoting jessi2girls:

I would keep a really close eye on that child, because something tells me that by the end of the school year, you will be notifying CPS a few times!!

CafeMom Tickers

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I don't know. It was probably something like "Can you believe how that teacher acted?" and he knows how she is and assumed that she was a bitch.

Quoting Anonymous:

The mother told the father how she acted or did you inform him?

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:05 PM

See why I homeschool?  That kid is going to act just like his mother in a few years.  Smh.

SnapShotMama
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Yup, i did the same with the kids i use to baby sit. Many parents seem to unkowingly somtimes put anxiaty and stress onto kids about the first day (maybe putting there own feelings there?). Our rule is to take it all in stride. they fall down? We laugh it off, dust off the dirt and keep going. you sound like a good teacher btw

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

That's how I usually get them calm, by drawing them into activities that we are doing. "Look over here, Elizabeth is coloring a puppy! Do you want to color a puppy too?" "Oh wow, don't these blocks look fun?" That usually helps a lot.

Quoting SnapShotMama:

I've seen it happen. Not the first and not the last. We home school but anytime my kids are going Somewhere or meeting other people we do pep talks and help their get excited about. We dont ask "are you scared/worried about ___" no its a big exciting convo and they always react well and have a bleat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)