Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did I grow up? Nothing for my birthday!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies

Poll

Question: When did you stop caring about your birthday???

Options:

NEVER!!! It's MYYY DAY!!!

Birthday? Who is having a birthday?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 118

View Results

So, yesterday was my birthday...I turned (GASP!) 31. I had almost 100 people tell me happy birthday on facebook. My bestfriend brought me a dozen gourmet cupcakes, which is entirely too many for me to eat so I had to share with my kiddos and of course her! :) My husband has been on third shift for almost a week and he signed a card and had our boys sign it. My own mother didn't even call me for my birthday but just wrote on my fb "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and my sweet MIL sent me a text and called me and she will most likely give me 50.00 and a card.... Usually some of this would probably all make me a tad bit mad but this year, I really genuinly do not care....DID I GROW UP???? When the hell did that happen??? I think I am more bothered by the fact that I don't care then by the fact that my own mother doesn't seem to care...hmm...

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Bump!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM
My whole family husband and parents included have forgotten mine 2 years in a row now. I'm only 25..
km1970
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I haven't cared about it for awhile. I just turned 43. I am not sure at what age I stopped caring. I don't even have my birth date on facebook. The ones that really know me will send a birthday wish either by phone or text.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:45 PM

No one ever did anything for my birthday and now it's not important to me at all. I actually despise birthday parties or events and don't attend them, I find them to be a complete waste of time. 

dipsetgrl06
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I turned 26 yesterday and I still care that its my birthday. Lol I don't want or expect gifts but I just love that the day is all about me. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

My whole family husband and parents included have forgotten mine 2 years in a row now. I'm only 25..

That's a bummer!?, well happy birthday this year and next!! Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

No one ever did anything for my birthday and now it's not important to me at all. I actually despise birthday parties or events and don't attend them, I find them to be a complete waste of time. 

I wouldn't turn it down, but my an mother? I think it has something to do with the fact tat my son's birthday is the day before mine so I am kind of an after thought!
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM

My 30th birthday was the one I stopped caring about.  My oldest had been born 6 days before, so we were pretty preoccupied.  Since then, I don't much care. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Quoting dipsetgrl06:

I turned 26 yesterday and I still care that its my birthday. Lol I don't want or expect gifts but I just love that the day is all about me. Lol

Happy birthday!! What did you do?
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:50 PM

My birthday is Saturday and I will be 38. I don't need gifts or people remembering it, but I get to spend the day with my family and we made special plans just for my birthday. It is important to me, but in a different way than when I was younger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN