Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Obamacare Help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

My DH's company doesn't offer insurance. I'm trying to figure out what all this obamacare thing is about. Basically we're being forced into healthcare whether we can afford that extra cost or not right?

Help me out here?

I also found something from CNN it linked me to this: http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/ to figure out what we would get help with and all but honestly its either the raging headache I have or I just simply too stupid to understand. Can someone help me out on what this all means?

What is a subsidy? That part I don't get at all. Basically overall means per month I'm going to have to pay out $263 right? 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:35 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:35 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:36 AM
If you make under something like $71,000 you will qualify for a subsidy (basically government $) that will cover a portion if your premium and your yearly out of pocket costs will be set by the government, anything additional is covered by them.
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Wtf insurance is supposed to cost 9k a year? I'd rather pay the fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
photogal831
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:41 AM
What its saying is per year you would have to pay the $3,162....the government is covering the rest which is $5, 989....it should be based off of the household income as well as how many people in the house.
photogal831
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Average healtcare costs per person per year in America is $8,600...its not far off

Quoting kitty8199:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:44 AM
I've heard thats going to be high too. I can't afford an extra $263 I'm so stressed out.

Quoting kitty8199:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:45 AM
I put in what the entire house hold income is as well as as many people we have. I didn't miss anything there. Pretty sure my headache is getting worse! This is not helping. You are helping sorry but thinking about this I mean. thank you.

Quoting photogal831:

What its saying is per year you would have to pay the $3,162....the government is covering the rest which is $5, 989....it should be based off of the household income as well as how many people in the house.
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:45 AM
When I was working at the hospital my insurance was like $36 a pay period. They paid most of it.

I had individual private for $76 a month. I've never paid that much.

Quoting photogal831:

Average healtcare costs per person per year in America is $8,600...its not far off

Quoting kitty8199:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I thought they were requiring employers to provide it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've heard thats going to be high too. I can't afford an extra $263 I'm so stressed out.

Quoting kitty8199:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)