Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how would you feel? Abortion.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

My sil, I was there for her when she had 2 miscarriages, she was upset and rightfully so, those babies she wanted........she was far from ready for them but they were wanted. So she gave birth to a little girl in Dec. of 2010. She left her abusive dh in May of last year, she is still married to him. Now she in a relationship with another guy, he is great for her. He has helped her and she is such a better person now, no longer bitter and thinking that everyone else owes her for her "shitty" life. She is going to have a baby sometime around Thanksgiving. Well I was going through some medical papers tonight and somehow some of her stuff got mixed in with mine............when I looked I noticed an ultrasound, she was 6w and 2 days pregnant in Nov. of last year, she didn't start dating this guy until Feb of this year......it didn't make sense, so I looked more, the papers with this ultrasound was for an abortion!! I don't understand how she can be upset about two miscarriages but then go on to have an abortion, and show no remorse for it or even any emotion for it......I'm not mad, and I won't say anything to her, its her body and her choice. I still love her, but how could she do that? ok well maybe I am a little mad, I tried for so long to have my oldest and my youngest babies, and for her she has been pregnant a total of 5 times now, and it just pisses me off that all she has to do is practically look at a guy and she is fucking knocked up, even after she had an abortion. I am thankful for my niece and my soon to be nephew but I will never understand how she could want these two and not the one she aborted......I am at a loss here.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:50 AM
3 moms liked this

I would feel like I should not be snooping in other people's shit. I would not want to go out in public with a brown spot on my nose.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:53 AM
2 moms liked this
Why are you mad? Her aborting has nothing to do with your fertility issues. It was her choice, and that's all that matters. Its not up to you to understand a Damn thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:53 AM

I wasn't snooping through her shit, her papers were in my room with my medical records....obviously if she didn't want anyone to find her shit then she shouldn't have left the papers wherever......I was curious because the dates don't match up.

Quoting laranadtony:

I would feel like I should not be snooping in other people's shit. I would not want to go out in public with a brown spot on my nose.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:56 AM

I'm just mad at how easy it is for her to get pregnant even after she had an abortion.......I never said my fertility issues were her problem because they aren't.........I have my three kids and I am done, I just don't understand how she could abort her child.

Quoting hautemama83:

Why are you mad? Her aborting has nothing to do with your fertility issues. It was her choice, and that's all that matters. Its not up to you to understand a Damn thing.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't snooping through her shit, her papers were in my room with my medical records....obviously if she didn't want anyone to find her shit then she shouldn't have left the papers wherever......I was curious because the dates don't match up.

Quoting laranadtony:

The minute I saw her name, I would have folded it back up and put it away.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

mama-sita
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:57 AM
This

Quoting laranadtony:

crumpy_gat
by No. on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:58 AM
She obviously wanted to leave the guy and maybe felt like she'd be stuck if she had another baby with him.
KatiebellaS
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:59 AM

I'm not sure of the dates but do you think the baby she aborted was the child of a one-night-stand or even rape? She didn't have a partner then did she? Perhaps she felt she couldn't raise a child alone? I'm against abortion (except in some circumstances) and I know it must be hard for you, because you have fertility issues but chances are she was doing her best. It may not be your choice but you never know what frame of mind she was in at the time 

SWEET737
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:01 AM

Well if you really want to know and you really wasn't snooping, and her papers really got mixed up with yours, then ask her. Maybe it happen during a on e night stand. I am not saying that justifies what she did but that might be her reason or excuse why she did what she did. But if asking her may make her mad at you or cause some tension between the two of you, then just leave it alone.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:02 AM
3 moms liked this
You're being completely illogical. If your issues aren't her problem, you wouldn't be angry. What is she suppose to be barren because she terminated a pregnancy, and it took you so long to get pregnant?

Oh and like I said before, you don't have to understand. Since its not about you, and it wasn't your choice to make.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm just mad at how easy it is for her to get pregnant even after she had an abortion.......I never said my fertility issues were her problem because they aren't.........I have my three kids and I am done, I just don't understand how she could abort her child.

Quoting hautemama83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured