Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

she does his homework

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My friend is a bit nuts. I found out last night she does her sons homework so he can spend more time on his x box. I ask why she said "that is how he socializes he has anxiety" I seriously want to slap her

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:17 AM
Replies (11-20):
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I know someone who does this on a spare piece of paper and then has their dd writing it on her homework sheet so its in her hand writing....sad.

JC2223
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:57 AM
3 moms liked this

When he is 40yo still living at home because he can't get/hold a job because he lacks education and basic skills she'll have no-one to blame but herself!

tracy0812
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I know someone who would sit there and give her kid all the answers. The kid is now 21, and not too fricken bright.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:02 AM

It will end up biting her in the ass in the long run...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

When it comes to my kids' homework?  I sit them down at the table.... find out what they have to do.  I remind them of what they have to do.... and I leave them alone to do it.  If they need help... I will then go help them.  And I check their work when they're done.  

The kids get home from school at 3ish.  I let them have a snack, and they can have free time until 4...but at 4 it's homework time.  AND NO VIDEO GAMES/COMPUTER/ etc until the homework is completed!!!!

HOW IN THE WORLD  does playing an Xbox help with social anxiety?  The best way to overcome it??  MAKE him make FRIENDS..... REAL friends... as in REAL people HIS age!!!!  Her son will be on her couch playing games until he's 40!  UGH!

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Wow, I guess she just wants to raise another entitled leech? SMH

Shy_Dia
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:17 AM
That makes no sense. Homework is not socializing. Homework is homework.
disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I read my 15 year old son's papers over and tell him if I think he needs to do some more thinking on it but I don't write them for him.  As for his math, he has far surpassed me mathematically. I'm sure if I'm given the equations I could work out the problems but no way am I sitting down and doing that for him; he's very good at math.  My 7 year old daughter's work, I check and tell her if she needs to look at it again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I have social anxiety... that is why I live on cafemom...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM

My mom did my HW when I was a kid and by middle school I just put no effort in it because I had never gotten used to doing it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)