Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

she does his homework

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My friend is a bit nuts. I found out last night she does her sons homework so he can spend more time on his x box. I ask why she said "that is how he socializes he has anxiety" I seriously want to slap her

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:17 AM
Replies (111-115):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Yeah, that's gonna backfire on her.  Kids are full of "legitimate" excuses these days.  No one wants to punish their kids, now we don't want to stress them out over homework. 

WATCH OUT WORLD!

Johnswife813
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:51 AM

My friends mom did all her homework and papers. The teacher couldn't understand how her homework and papers were great but her tests were bad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:58 AM
I think it's a crock of shit too. Just like the ADHD shit.

It's like parents and doctors don't want to get down to the truth. They'd rather just have the kid take meds forever. And then these parents that sound like they're bragging about their little Timmy having these issues!!

It's about conditioning and there a lot of parents conditioning their kids to be weak, dependent, whiners. That's our future.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just don't get how all of a sudden so many kids have anxiety. What is triggering it, it has to be something in the home. I have read so many posts where parents claim their kids have anxiety or social anxiety and I wonder how much of it is legitimate or are kids exaggerating their feelings to get out of doing things and to get pampered. I have a friend who told her doc she had insomnia and heart palpitations and her doc said it was anxiety and prescribed Xanax. Docs are quick to label people and give prescriptions. So now she can get notes excusing her from work when she has an "episode". This all sounds like a crock of bullshit to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seems like manipulation to me. And the parents are allowing it.

Quoting Anonymous:

What the hell up with all of these kids having social anxiety these days? Is the world that screwed up that our poor kids can't cope with it? It seems so common nowadays.

Kaseykahneno1
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:07 AM

When my son gets older the games/phone/Internet will be limited. I remember playing outside all day and not wanting to come in. Any kid you ask nowadays says stuff like eww or you're joking right? When you suggest going outside.

bazjack
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM

It is distressing to me how many people here are saying social anxiety is manipulation. Often it is applied incorrectly, but sometimes it is an actual problem. Of course, it shouldn't be used as an excuse to get out of things; in fact it's a reason for the kid to work harder to get through it. But all these people saying kids should just toughen up are deluded. Wouldn't it be nice if it were always that simple?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN