Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

she does his homework

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My friend is a bit nuts. I found out last night she does her sons homework so he can spend more time on his x box. I ask why she said "that is how he socializes he has anxiety" I seriously want to slap her

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:17 AM
Replies (31-40):
IndigoRose
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM

The child isn't learning anything that way.

whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM

That's so stupid! I had people do mine because they wanted to help me with my grade & now I'm terrible in some subjects. And test very poorly. They just came to the conclusion that I had test anxiety, but I didn't. I just never did my homework.

Caera
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM

What an idiot.

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM
That's absolute bullshit. She is only making it worse for her son. I had anxiety since a young teen and I'm in my late 20's still dealing with it. I've always did all my work... No one helps me with my college assignments now either. Anxiety my ass. How about getting him help to cope with anxiety and teaching him how to deal with anxiety when it comes to doing assignments. I understand fully that assignments can cause anxiety but ffs you can't coddle the person. They need to learn coping skills. Wow...

When he gets a job, is she going to go to work for him too?
VintageWife
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I don't understand. Is none of the work handwritten? I'd think they would catch on at some point. Especially if the homework scores are high and the test scores are low.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM

What an idiot. 

AMRios
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Umm yeah you should... He is not socializing on an Xbox!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM

So she's raising an anti-social child who won't be able to function as an adult, having not acquired any of the skills required to do so.  Excellent.

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM

my brother and sister in law did this for my nephew because they were to lazy to sit there and help and explain it to him they just did it for him.. He failed first grade because of it.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:36 PM

She is doing him NO favors. It will become immediately obvious that he doesn't really know the material.  Kids need to do their OWN work. 

BS answer.  Everybody's got an excuse today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)