Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

she does his homework

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My friend is a bit nuts. I found out last night she does her sons homework so he can spend more time on his x box. I ask why she said "that is how he socializes he has anxiety" I seriously want to slap her

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:17 AM
Replies (41-50):
cmmember
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Wow! What is he learning from it? Cant they tell its her handwriting and not his?

iwashere
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM

If I did my high school son's math for him, he'd flunk :) Sadly, tho, as the parent of a teenager, this is more common than you'd think. Personally, I give help when it's asked for, but no more than that. Homework is there to enforce the learning given in a classroom, not to make me try to remember US History.

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:02 PM

LMAO!!

I hope she plans on going on all of his job interviews and sitting under his desk so she can do all his work there too. What a nut-ball....

Val99
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:02 PM

So a mom is teaching her child to be unethical.  That is sad.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM

wtf? is she going to do his job for him when he's an adult? 

Mother.May.I.
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Undoubtedly it happenes a lot. My sons 4th grade teacher said during open house that they know when it isn't the childs handwriting and will throw it away and make them complete it in class. 

My mother in law homeschool 9 kids. She done the work for a lot of them so they could pass and finish the program. IT shows too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM

My mom used to make me do my little sister's homework because she failed so much.  I'd get in trouble if I didn't do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Way to set him up for failure, is she going to write all his college papers because they make him too anxious? Plus what does socializing because he has anxiety have anything to do with completing his homework??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM

He could be, xbox live allows you to talk to other players while playing. but I still think what that mom is doing is completely wrong.

Quoting AMRios:

Umm yeah you should... He is not socializing on an Xbox!

fstysxofthebtt
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:15 PM

How interesting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)