Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this normal? (Contractions and pregnancy.)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I'm 19 weeks pregnant.
I believe I've been having braxton hicks contractions for a couple days now.

They didn't bother me too much. But now my stomach is extremely sore.

It was difficult and painful for me to sit up in bed this morning.

I'm having a hard time moving because it hurts, and when I bend down, I can't breath good and it really hurts my stomach.

This is my second baby. I never felt braxton hicks with dd and didn't have these problems. So I'm just wondering if this is a normal/common thing or something I should bring up to my doctor.

My doctors office opens at 9. Ill probably call then.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:51 AM

I would go in and talk to your doctor about it. I don't remember feeling that with either of my pregnancies.

missmamaof4
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:51 AM

i would definitely be talking to your doctor about that

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I'm probably gonna call in a bit. Movement hurts. Bending just slightly is killing me. I have a 16 month old as well. But i don't want to keep just moving and doing normal things if something could be wrong..

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I would go in and talk to your doctor about it. I don't remember feeling that with either of my pregnancies.

tifferie
by A$$tastic on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I did. But I had severe hyperemesis. I was in labor the whole pregnancy except when my water broke. Lol
Megan11587
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I'd call.  I don't want to say it isn't normal, but I haven't experienced that.

wymama610
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Call the doc. It could just be your ligaments stretching out or something, but make sure it isn't something more. Good luck!

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:00 AM

You need to call ASAP. That isn't normal, you need to make sure that everything is okay. Are you getting really sharp/stabbing pains?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm probably gonna call in a bit. Movement hurts. Bending just slightly is killing me. I have a 16 month old as well. But i don't want to keep just moving and doing normal things if something could be wrong..

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Oh lord. I never went in to labor with dd. I was induced at 38 weeks. I'm a type one diabetic and my doctor didn't want me to carry past that point. At 38 weeks I wasn't dilated at all, hadnt felt a single contraction, not Ben braxton hicks. Y

Quoting tifferie:

I did. But I had severe hyperemesis. I was in labor the whole pregnancy except when my water broke. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:01 AM
No sharp stabbing pains. It's soreness all over and a dull throbbing in my lower stomach.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

You need to call ASAP. That isn't normal, you need to make sure that everything is okay. Are you getting really sharp/stabbing pains?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Okay. That sounds like round ligament pains, nothing to be worried about. I would still call just to be on the safe side though. We aren't feeling the pain so it is hard to say for sure. 

Quoting Anonymous:

No sharp stabbing pains. It's soreness all over and a dull throbbing in my lower stomach.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)