Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not everyone needs to cater to YOUR child!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies

Mobile Photo

A girl posted this in a Facebook mom group I am in ranting last night. I disagreed and about 3 moms came at me freaking out! Lol. Really though? That's crazy right? Not everyone need to stop what they are doing to cater to your kid!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Bump
RoxStetz
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree. I will wave or say hello to a friendly child, if I am not busy, but for a mom to get pissed because I don't? Thats ridiculous.
bakerytreatz16
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
My 16 month old likes to say hi and wave to everyone. I don't get mad if someone doesn't say hi back. Although when someone ignores her she gets kind of a dirty look on her face for a few seconds. But then she's over it. Not everyone she says hi to is even paying attention. Plus some people just dont interact with young kids in public. I've ever seen it as an issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngal
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

My DD is extremely social. I have just told her that not everyone likes to talk to little kids. I watch out because usually the ones who don't like kids, will have a negative expression on her face before she even approaches them. There was a woman on a plane like that recently and I warned DD not to even try and talk to her. She looked upset that my children even existed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:12 AM
7 moms liked this

i dont' think saying 'hello' is catering to anyone...it's just common courtesy, something this society has forgotten about

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha my ds is the same way. Friendly to everyone, but if someone doesn't acknowledge him I don't get upset
mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Eh, adults even expect to be catered too.

What was the situation? Oops never mind. my phone didn't load the pic when I read the typed words.
Angela_Barlow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:14 AM
5 moms liked this
How is saying hello or chit chatting catering?
If someone greets you, you greet back. It's called manners. Not catering.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:14 AM
2 moms liked this

no, kids need to learn not to bug everybody and that not everyone will want to talk. sometimes in life you get disappointed, learn to deal with it. I love my kids. Generally if a kid who isn't mine says hi to me, I will, but if i'm having a bad day, i don't want to deal with your kids. Sorry.

so yeah, i agree with you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree

Quoting RoxStetz:

I agree. I will wave or say hello to a friendly child, if I am not busy, but for a mom to get pissed because I don't? Thats ridiculous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN