Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can we get more custody?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

So my husband and his ex wife have a custody agreement that she came up with. Believe me when I say she got one over on him.

She game up with it before they were divorced and he wasn't involved much. I will admit it he wasn't. He said his son took after his mother being bratty and all.

Well fastforward a yr. We would like his son more. The only issue is in the CO it says that this agreement can not be changed unless there is abuse.

Part of the agreement. She gets the son every Christmas morning in return he gets every Trick or treat. He gets the son 3 weekends a month she gets him the rest. 

He gets the kids on the holiday while she works. She works in retail so she works most holidays. 

Does that seem fair to you?

Not to mention she gets $500  a month in CS.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missmamaof4
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I dont think it can.  But i dont know for sure heres a bump

Karen_29
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:48 AM

If he wants more than I would talk to a lawyer maybe..The only thing that might stop him is the co does say unless abuse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:52 AM
So basically YOU want more custody to...spite BM? Pay less child support? Is the kid still bratty like his mom?
Jlynn8710
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Y'all can take her back to court and request more visitation and more than likely he'll grant it. I made sure my exdh and I had equal time with our son.
You may want to have him or you whomever has the better friendly relationship with her just bluntly ask for more time with your stepson. Lay it out on the table and let her know, the only bad thing that could happen is she says no. I'm happy he's stepping upto the plate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:56 AM

honestly this is what i was thinking.  To say that "he is bratty like his mom" just makes my stomach turn. It sounds like its just you and you probably talked your husband into wanting more time.

Quoting Anonymous:

So basically YOU want more custody to...spite BM? Pay less child support? Is the kid sti bratty like
Anonymous
1 mom liked this

"He said his son took after his mother being bratty and all." Wtf kind of jerk is your dh?

Anonymous

I would go for it. Hire a lawyer and request joint custody or more, which might help lower the child support

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Custody can always be modified and the abuse clause is a joke. File for a modification and contact a family law attorney.
NotTheirMom99
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Sounds like a typical visitation schedule. If you want more time, ask for it. The worst that could happen is they say no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:06 AM

you sound like a step mom from hell and your DH doesnt even sound that invested in his kid.  Leave it alone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)