Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh....women in my family and the men we choose...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Women in my family have this legacy of finding cheating asshole losers....My dad cheated on my mom and got the other woman pregnant, resulting in my younger brother. My one sister married a loser that was in and out of jail and couldn't keep a job, my husband cheated and had another kid while i was pregnant with one of his.My younger sisters ex fiance bashed her head in with a bong and almost killed her a few months ago. And last night I find out my sister's boyfriend of 10 years cheated and just had a baby with the other girl. I have all daughters just like I had all sisters and this scares me to death what my girls might deal with as far as relationships go....sorry for the sad post, just feeling down and depressed about all this going on in my family....

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I'm so glad I have boys
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Please raise them good! My MIL is a hot mess and her sons are even worse....

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so glad I have boys

Karen_29
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:49 AM

me to

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so glad I have boys

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I intend to :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Please raise them good! My MIL is a hot mess and her sons are even worse....

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so glad I have boys

JC2223
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

You're all following the same pathology of what you experienced growing up. Your father did it, your mother probably tolerated it and it set the precedence for all of you. Only you and your siblings can break the cycle by making better choices for yourselves and setting better examples for your children.

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Break the cycle Girl, you and you alone CAN do it, show your daughters! Hugs for you! 

DiANAiVELiSSE
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:54 AM

first of hugs  I have 1 of each and I can only hope they turn out as well as we are trying to raise them..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:55 AM

teach your daughters that they are better than that - they deserve a man who will treat them well and not to settle for less. Teach them to have good self-esteem. Teach them to be strong and what GOOD qualities in a man to look for. They'll be ok if you focus on making sure they know not to let a man treat them poorly

fvmomof5
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:56 AM
So break the cycle. .. im sorry ur going thru this and im sorry for ur family. But break the cycle. Show ur girls that they dont have to live like that they dont have to put up with it.

Its gnever going to stop if u or ur never make it stop. Shiw them that u deserve respect and they will learn theydeserve it also...

I hope things for u, ur sisters, daughters, and nieces get better...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I believe your girls will find cheating assholes to marry. I believe this because from the way you typed this you took your husband back after he cheated and had another kid while you were pregnant with one of his. Actually from the way you typed this it sounds like all the women in your family choose these cheating men and just let them get away with cheating on them. Kids learn from what they see, your daughters will think it's normal for the men they are with to cheat and be assholes because from the sound of it you are showing that it is okay. You should stand up for yourself and find someone who will treat you right so your children can see what it's like to have a happy family. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)