Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

the s*** you people name your kids these days

A girl I used to know is married now. Her married name is Scott. They just had a daughter and named her Grace. 

Grace Scott.

Mobile Photo

Just for the record I'd like to state that I think this is a very clever and epic naming strategy! 

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Replies (41-50):
piesmama09
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Is their last name Garfield :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Better than Le sonia (pronounce like lasagna)

SiriSilasMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I could be wrong but I think she was being sarcastic hence the quotation marks. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a life!

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

oh you know, "black" people... 

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

What do you mean "you people" ?!?

DanNStevesmom
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM

When I was in school we had a substitute teacher, Mrs. Head. Her husbands name was Richard (Dick Head) 

Quoting poietes:

Micheal Hunt (mike hunt), Rusty Hanes, Dick Johnson. These are all people I know in real life.

graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I fully agree with you :-)
Hence my screen name lol

Quoting Derari:

Grace is a beautiful name.

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM

LOL I had to look at the pic again.. I thought it was George Jefferson!

Quoting DanNStevesmom:

I don't see a problem with the name either. But the pic is Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) from Back to the Future.

Quoting curious1145:

I'm confused. What is the problem with the name? I mean it doesn't really flow right but I don't get what is so terrible about it. And I don't know who that guy is you pictured.

Vamp
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:13 AM

LOL awesome!!

graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I went to school with a:
Candy Caine
Mike - his last name sounded like Gonorrhea it was spelled similar and had a W where the H is.
Foleygirl24
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM

My DH used to prosecute child neglect and abuse cases (and now he defends them, oh the irony) but he could give you a whole list of dumb names. Two Dot Nine, Awesome, Idyat (pronouced "Idiot"), Orangello and Lemongello (twins, yes they exist), Shithead (pronounced "shi-theed", he had a bunch of those), Female ("fem-a-lee", mom was non-english speaking and thought the hospital named her baby bc of the wrist band), La-a (la-dash-a), had a mom named Dijonaise. The list goes on and on. I keep telling him he should write a book and call it "What Not to Name Your Baby"!

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Quoting Derari:

Grace is a beautiful name.

DanNStevesmom
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Makes me feel old (I didn't think I was), when someone doen't know certain charactors from movies/shows that I watched when I was young.

Quoting SuthernBelleo0o:

LOL I had to look at the pic again.. I thought it was George Jefferson!

Quoting DanNStevesmom:

I don't see a problem with the name either. But the pic is Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) from Back to the Future.

Quoting curious1145:

I'm confused. What is the problem with the name? I mean it doesn't really flow right but I don't get what is so terrible about it. And I don't know who that guy is you pictured.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)