Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Put your DAMN phone down!!!

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM
  • 46 Replies

im so angry!! i went ot the park yesterday with my oldest son. the park is huge and it looks like a castle, he love it there. well every single time we go (and we godifferent times everyday) this one mother is there with her 2 kids. they are like 4 and 2. so my son, who is also 2, likes to play with the 2 year old. i have nothing wrong with it, oobviously, their kids, i want my kids to have friends. But it always seems this 2 year old has free roam and the mother could care less. He has jumped off the castle at a really high hieght before anf got a boo boo, which his mother didnt care about she just sat there and let him cry his eyes out, finally i went over to him and made sure he was ok. the poor kid begs for attention from his mother, who does nothing!!! 

yesterday was the WORST!!! I have had enough with this woman! She sat there on her phone for a whole hour, texting or playing a game or something, she didnt look up once!! it was only me and her there. i stopped her kid from running into the street twice! then he fell and scraped his knee and i cleaned it up bc she didnt even move or look up from her phone. i was so disgusted and gave her some nasty looks. Finally, as we were trying to leave because it was lunchtime, her son started to follow us to the sidewalk. i told him a few times that he had to go to his mommy he kept saying no (shocker right?) so i tried to distract him and tell him to go play on the swings, so i could get out of there. I was able to do that so i started walking again and when i got to the sidewalk i hear screaming behind me. His mother was running after us because he son was following us again and i didnt know it. she flipped out on me and said 'why the fuck didn't you stop him?' i said i did, i didnt realize he was followingus again. she went on to say 'thats fucked up you would just let a child walk to the street you bitch" im like umm wtf? so i lost it, calmly saying "well, if you would take your face out of your phone and not only watch but play with your child, you would have realized where he was and you also would have noticed he tried to run into the street twice, he also jumped off the junglegym and scraped his knee, which i cleaned and bandaged. your welcome. you should be ashamed of yourself. if your phone is more important than your kids then maybe you shouldnt come to a park where there's a chance he could be in danger, since you don't want to pay any form of attention to them and let a 2 year old free roam. good bye!"

i was so damn mad! and i honestly cannot believe there are mothers out there like her. i refuse to go back to that park which is so sad because my son loves it there and its the only on within walking distance from me and i dont have a car until 8pm :( i just needed to vent. thanks ladies sorry its long 

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM
You should've called the police about this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I would've called the cops
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
What a bitch...(not you)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:11 AM
You don't know if she has told him before you got there not to jump from high places. He probably did it anyways and got hurt and was taught a lesson.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Poor kid :(

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Wonder if she is related to the dip shit in the library yesterday on her phone.

ashleynoel2121
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:17 AM

that doesn;t matter at all. she did nothing about it when he did jump. he jumped a few times but only got really hurt once. whether she told him not to jump or not is irrelevant. she sat there while her child cried in pain from getting scrapped. if you heard your child screaming in pain, would you still just sit there and not even look up from your phone? 

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't know if she has told him before you got there not to jump from high places. He probably did it anyways and got hurt and was taught a lesson.

JustBreath2013
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I agree she is not attentive enough. I hate technology for this reason exactly. I pray for kids like that, hoping they will be better people despite their upbringing. Good job to you though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM
You bet I would because if I told her not to do something she knows better than to do it and if she does it and get hurts I'm not babying her I'll put a bandaid on it and she'll sit there and cry and learn a lesson.

Quoting ashleynoel2121:

that doesn;t matter at all. she did nothing about it when he did jump. he jumped a few times but only got really hurt once. whether she told him not to jump or not is irrelevant. she sat there while her child cried in pain from getting scrapped. if you heard your child screaming in pain, would you still just sit there and not even look up from your phone? 

Quoting Anonymous:

ashleynoel2121
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM

i get the whole lesson needed to be learned but would you sit there and no NOTHING?! she didnt even look up from her phone...she didnt clean she didnt bandaid, she didnt say anything. i told him if he jumps he'll get hurt, i didnt baby him. lesson learned i guess bc he didnt jump off anything else. its just sad i had to step in and play his mommy and protect her child from running into the street upon other things because his mother was too busy texting or on facebook. thats the point here, i think your missing that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You bet I would because if I told her not to do something she knows better than to do it and if she does it and get hurts I'm not babying her I'll put a bandaid on it and she'll sit there and cry and learn a lesson.

Quoting ashleynoel2121:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)